Interesting Thesis Statement Examples From Experts
A thesis statement aims to make a claim that will guide the reader throughout the paper. Coming up with a solid thesis statement is the first step in the essay writing process after deciding on the topic.
Understanding the key elements that make a solid thesis statement is important for writing impressive research papers. If you are facing difficulty making sense of your essay, it is most likely due to a poor thesis statement.
If you are the kind of person that looks at examples before starting writing, then explore our list of effective thesis statement examples below so you can start writing your own.
Keep on reading the article until the end and know what it takes to come up with a strong thesis statement.
What is a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is a one-sentence statement that aims to express the main idea of the essay or any other paper. It basically makes a claim that directly answers the question.
For example, when writing an argumentative paper, you need to provide your stance in your thesis statement and prove it with solid evidence.
It typically goes into the introduction of an essay so that it can contribute to the rest of the paper.
The thesis statement should make an argument in a clear and precise way so that the readers can easily understand what the paper is all about.
In addition to easy to understand, it should be debatable. By debatable it means you can’t just add any statement of fact you find online and have it to be yours. Write a thesis statement in a way that readers might agree or disagree with.
Key Elements of a Thesis Statement
To come up with a good thesis statement, the following elements should be incorporated.
- The central idea of your paper
- Why you support that idea
- A counterargument (if there is one)
- Valid information to support your stance
Keep in mind the above points for writing a perfect thesis statement that perfectly presents the point of view of your paper.
Thesis Statement Examples for Essays and Research Paper
Now you know what is a thesis statement and why it is important to have one in your essay or research paper. Here are some good thesis statement examples for essays of various kinds to help make this task less daunting for you.
Refer to the following section and learn how to write a great thesis statement example from experts.
Please note that the below examples for different types of essays are only written to help you understand the concept better. You should not use these examples as it is for your own research papers. However, you can take help and implement your own ideas into one that you find interest in.
Thesis Statement Examples for Argumentative Essay
Below are some interesting argumentative thesis statement examples for your help.
- Though uniforms are meant to enhance unity and spirit, educational institutes should not force students to wear them. This idea is completely based on the fact that uniforms restrict the student’s freedom of expression and it is specifically supported by the fact that restricting the freedom of expression is actually a violation of human rights.
- High school graduate students should take a year off to participate in community service projects in order to increase maturity and awareness before entering college.
Thesis Statement Examples for Informative Essay
Refer to the following informative thesis statement examples to get a clear idea.
- Feminism was supposed to be used as a weapon for supporting equal rights, and not for proving that women are superior to men. In a literal sense, feminism is all about snatching equal rights, not about proving gender imbalance.
- Homework pressure can take childhood rights from the kids. Therefore, they should be given less homework to bring out their playfulness.
Thesis Statement Examples for Compare and Contrast Essay
The following compare and contrast thesis statement examples will help you to understand how a perfect thesis statement is created.
- Although Vaughana Feary and Edmund Wall both consider harassment an unbidden statement, their ideas are not similar in several other points, which makes the scholars view cases of sexual harassment differently.
- While bears and bats appear to have not been common at first glance, they are notably similar in their hibernation habits and species classifications.
Thesis Statement Examples for Persuasive Essay
These persuasive essay thesis statement examples can help you to understand how to present your main idea of the essay.
- Baseball is way more exciting, revitalizing, and captivating sport played between two opposing teams.
- Jelly and bean sandwiches are the best type of sandwiches because they are easy to make, handle, and taste good.
Thesis Statement Examples History
Here are some history thesis statement examples for your better understanding.
- There are many causes for world war 1, the main factor was the new definition of nationalism and a slight upward trend in the development of technology.
- The US clash with the Soviets was an important factor in the decision of Trump to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.
Thesis Statement Examples for Research Paper
Refer to these research paper thesis statement examples to help you understand how to express the main idea of a research paper.
- Exams are not a productive way to evaluate the knowledge and skills of students. There should be an alternative way to measure the student’s abilities by banning exams.
- The government should not have access to the information that we share online and should not be able to use it.
Thesis Statement Examples for Narrative Essay
Refer to these personal narrative thesis statement examples if you are stuck at the start of your essay.
- Though the idea of studying abroad seems a costly option, the experience to interact with other cultures and different learning approaches are worth it.
- There is nothing wrong with who chooses not to have children and society has to understand that. It is not about other’s beliefs but her time and life that are at stake.
Thesis Statement Examples for Expository Essay
Here are some excellent expository essay thesis statement examples for your help.
- The life of a typical high school student is distinguished by time studying, attending classes, and participating in other peer activities.
- The US spends more time on its military budget than all the other industrialized countries combined.
Thesis Statement Examples for Literary Analysis Essay
The following analytical thesis statement examples will give you a clear idea of how to end the introductory paragraph.
- In ‘Paul’s Case’ written by Willa Cather, a portrayal of suicidal behaviors among adults are possible factors that might have been identified and remedied.
- The details of ‘The Story of an Hour’ points out how language, institution, and appearance can suppress the natural desire and ambitions of women.
Thesis Statement Examples for Cause and Effect Essay
Know more about how to end the introductory paragraph with these cause and effect thesis statement examples.
- The increasing rates of divorces are the result of poor communication, changing social values, and unrealistic expectations.
- Coal miners whose jobs are vanishing should be retrained in other fields such as in the sector of technology and in renewable energy. This will not only improve local economies but also lead to lower unemployment rates.
Thesis Statement Examples for Rhetorical Analysis Essay
Look at these rhetorical analysis thesis statement examples to learn how to represent the final element of your essay introduction.
- The author has successfully developed an argument in favor of a gun carry, but focused on emotional appeal with no factual information that has weakened his argument.
- Although Alex includes several convincing logical arguments by using facts, readers may not agree with the presented analysis because of his sarcastic tone.
Thesis Statement Examples for College Essays
Here are some thesis statement examples for college essays to guide you in the essay introduction writing process.
- In a world where the life of humans is the biggest value, doctors should get the highest salary. They save lives, relieve our physical pain. They have spent years studying and practicing to do that.
- The abortions should be legalized as women should have the freedom to make decisions regarding their bodies. There could be no other solution to this problem.
Thesis Statement Examples Middle School
The following thesis statement examples for middle school students will help you get a clear idea on how to end the introductory paragraph.
- To minimize the damage caused by hurricanes, everyone needs to take some preventive measures.
- The idea of studying abroad might sound costly, the experience that one will get from the interactions with another culture and approach of teaching is totally worth it.
To conclude, keep in mind that a strong thesis statement is the one that should be specific. For that, it is important to write your thesis statement again and again until you end up with a perfect one.
What Makes A Perfect Thesis Statement?
A perfect thesis statement is the one that must incorporate the following elements.
- It should be brief and informative.
- It should present your arguments in a clear argument to state your opinion on the issue.
- It must have a logical basis even if you are sharing your personal opinion.
- Since the thesis statement is written in the first paragraph, it is very important to relate it to the rest of the paper.
In other words, a perfect thesis statement should identify the topic, the claim, and the key points that you will use to support your claim.
Composing a great thesis statement does take a bit more time and effort as compared to other parts of writing an essay. However, it contains an entire argument in one sentence, it is worth taking the extra time writing and refining your thesis.
If you are still not sure how to craft a solid statement, ask for help to ensure you are on the right track. You can always contact us at MyPerfectWords.com and buy custom essays written by our professional writers.
Why wait? Place your order right now!