Good Thesis Statement Examples For Your Help
A thesis statement aims to make a claim that will guide the reader throughout the paper. Coming up with a solid thesis statement is the first step in the essay writing process after deciding on the topic.
Understanding the key elements of a solid thesis statement is important for writing impressive research papers.
If you are the kind of person who looks at examples before starting writing, then explore our list of effective thesis statement examples below to start writing your own.
Keep reading the blog until the end and know what it takes to develop a strong thesis statement.
Thesis Statement Examples for Different Types of Essays
A thesis statement is a one-sentence statement that aims to express the essay’s main idea to the reader. It makes a claim that directly answers the question.
The following are some great thesis statement examples for essays that will help you better understand the different types of essays they apply in.
Refer to the following section and learn how to write a great thesis statement example from experts.
Please note that the below examples for different types of essays are only written to help you understand the concept better. You should not use these examples as it is for your research paper. However, you can take help and implement your ideas into it that you find interesting.
Thesis Statement Examples for Argumentative Essay
Below are some interesting argumentative thesis statement examples for your help.
- Though uniforms are meant to enhance unity and spirit, educational institutes should not force students to wear them. This idea is completely based on the fact that uniforms restrict the student’s freedom of expression and it is specifically supported by the fact that restricting the freedom of expression is actually a violation of human rights.
- High school graduate students should take a year off to participate in community service projects in order to increase maturity and awareness before entering college.
Thesis Statement Examples for Informative Essay
Refer to the following informative thesis statement examples to get a clear idea.
- Feminism was supposed to be used as a weapon for supporting equal rights and not for proving that women were superior to men. In a literal sense, feminism is all about snatching equal rights, not about proving gender imbalance.
- Homework pressure can take childhood rights from the kids. Therefore, they should be given less homework to bring out their playfulness.
Thesis Statement Examples for Compare and Contrast Essay
The following compare and contrast thesis statement examples will help you understand how to create a perfect thesis statement.
- Although Vaughana Feary and Edmund Wall both consider harassment an unbidden statement, their ideas are not similar in several other points, which makes the scholars view cases of sexual harassment differently.
- While bears and bats appear to have not been common at first glance, they are notably similar in their hibernation habits and species classifications.
Thesis Statement Examples for Persuasive Essay
These persuasive essay thesis statement examples can help you understand how to present your essay’s main idea.
- Baseball is a more exciting, revitalizing, and captivating sport played between two opposing teams.
- Jelly and bean sandwiches are the best type of sandwiches because they are easy to make, handle, and taste good.
Narrative Essay Thesis Statement Examples
Refer to these personal narrative thesis statement examples if you are stuck at the start of your essay.
- Though the idea of studying abroad seems a costly option, the experience of interacting with other cultures and different learning approaches is worth it.
- There is nothing wrong with who chooses not to have children, and society has to understand that. It is not about others’ beliefs but her time and life that are at stake.
Thesis Statement Examples for Expository Essay
Here are some excellent expository essay thesis statement examples for your help.
- The life of a typical high school student is distinguished by time studying, attending classes, and participating in other peer activities.
- The US spends more time on its military budget than all the other industrialized countries combined.
Thesis Statement Examples for Literary Analysis Essay
It will be easier for you to write your excellent literary analysis essay with these thesis statement examples.
- In ‘Paul’s Case’ written by Willa Cather, a portrayal of suicidal behaviors among adults is a possible factor that might have been identified and remedied.
- The details of ‘The Story of an Hour’ point out how language, institution, and appearance can suppress the natural desire and ambitions of women.
Cause and Effect Essay Thesis Statement Examples
Learn more about ending the introductory paragraph with these cause and effect thesis statement examples.
- The increasing rates of divorces result from poor communication, changing social values, and unrealistic expectations.
- Coal miners whose jobs are vanishing should be retrained in other fields such as technology and renewable energy. This will improve local economies and lead to lower unemployment rates.
Thesis Statement Examples for Rhetorical Analysis Essay
Look at these rhetorical analysis thesis statement examples to learn how to represent the final element of your essay introduction.
- The author has successfully developed an argument in favor of gun carry but focused on emotional appeal with no factual information that has weakened his argument.
- Although Alex includes several convincing, logical arguments using facts, readers may not agree with the presented analysis because of his sarcastic tone.
Strong Thesis Statement Examples
To develop a good thesis statement, you should get help from professionally written examples.
Below are some examples that our expert writers write, and you can easily get an idea from them for your thesis statement.
Thesis Statement Examples History
Here are some history thesis statement examples for your better understanding.
- There are many causes for world war 1; the main factor was the new definition of nationalism and a slight upward trend in technology development.
- The US clash with the Soviets was an important factor in the decision of Trump to drop the atomic bomb on Hiroshima.
Thesis Statement Examples for Research Papers
Refer to these research paper thesis statement examples to help you understand how to express the main idea of a research paper.
- Exams are not a productive way to evaluate the knowledge and skills of students. There should be an alternative way to measure students’ abilities by banning exams.
- The government should not have access to the information that we share online and should not use it.
Thesis Statement Examples for College Essays
Here are some examples of a thesis statement for college essays to guide you in the essay introduction process.
- Doctors should get the highest salary in a world where humans’ lives are the biggest value. They save lives, relieve our physical pain. They have spent years studying and practicing to do that.
- Abortions should be legalized as women should have the freedom to make decisions regarding their bodies. There could be no other solution to this problem.
Thesis Statement Examples Middle School
The following thesis statement examples for middle school students will help you understand how to end the introductory paragraph.
- To minimize the damage caused by hurricanes, everyone needs to take preventive measures.
- Studying abroad might sound costly, but the experience that one will get from the interactions with another culture and teaching approach is worth it.
Thesis Statement Examples in Literature
A good thesis statement will guide your paper’s tone of voice and direction. Here are some excellent examples that you can use as inspiration.
- “The Third and Final Continent” has characteristics that you see in writings by immigrants: tradition, adaptation, and identity.
- In “A Worn Path,” Eudora Welty creates a fictional character named Phoenix Jackson who is determined, faithful and cunning. This shows the indomitable human spirit.
3-Point Thesis Statement Examples
The perfect thesis statement for your paper is the foremost thing. We compiled some great examples that give you a better idea of how to create one, and these will help you get started.
- All students at the school should wear uniforms so the school is safer, they feel closer to their classmates and get more of a sense of belonging, and it will save parents money.
- There are two sides to the issue of children using social media. Many people think that it does not hurt children. But others think they shouldn't use social media because they see unreal lives.
To conclude, keep in mind that a strong thesis statement keeps the readers engaged throughout the paper or essay. It should be specific and relevant to your chosen topic. For that, it is important to write your thesis statement again and again until you end up with a perfect one.(back to top)
What Makes a Perfect Thesis Statement?
A perfect thesis statement must incorporate the following elements.
- It should be brief and informative.
- It should present your arguments in a clear argument to state your opinion on the issue.
- It must have a logical basis even if you share your personal opinion.
- The thesis statement should relate to the rest of the paper.
In other words, a perfect thesis statement should identify the topic, the claim, and the key points that you will use to support your claim.
Composing a great thesis statement takes more time and effort than other parts of writing an essay. It contains an entire argument in one sentence, so you should spend some time refining your thesis statement.
If you are still unsure how to craft a solid thesis statement, ask for help to ensure you are on the right track. You can always contact MyPerfectWords.com and get help from professional writers to write an argumentative paper or any type of thesis statement.
Why wait? Place your order right now from the top-notch essay writing service.
Frequently asked questions
What should you not do in a thesis statement?
Here are some things that you should avoid in writing a thesis statement.
- Avoid writing a thesis statement that is more than one sentence long.
- Avoid questions, facts, being too broad or narrow in scope, and focusing on what you will do rather than the topic itself.
- Avoid writing announcements about what you will do.
What are the two types of thesis statements?
There are two types of thesis statements: explanatory and argumentative. An explanation will identify the topic but never take a side, whereas an argument states its position and defends it with reasons/evidence.
What are the 3 parts of a thesis statement?
The three parts of the thesis statement are:
- Limited subject
- Precise opinion
- Blueprint of reasons