Learn How To Write A Conclusion In Simple Steps
Students often get stuck when it comes to closing an essay with the most effective lines. Effective essay writing not only needs an impressive introduction but also an intriguing and thought provoking conclusion as well.
Students wonder why they get poor grades even after submitting a well-structured paper. But they do not pay attention to the fact that the reason behind this is because the paper maybe is not giving a sense of completeness.
So, it is important to learn how to write a conclusion and make sure the ending is worth remembering. Writing a great conclusion may seem a difficult task, but it is easier to put together if you plan ahead.
Keep on reading to find out a step by step guide on how to write an interesting conclusion paragraph.
How To Write A Conclusion Paragraph?
The last paragraph in essay writing where you summarize all the important points and restate your thesis statement introduced in the first paragraph. Conclusions are basically used to wrap up the whole information discussed in the paper. After moving from the introduction and body paragraphs to the conclusion, make sure it pulls back to the main points of your argument.
There are many questions regarding a conclusion that people are looking answers for like:
- How to write a conclusion of an essay?
- How to write a conclusion for a research paper?
- How to write a conclusion for a report?
- How to write a conclusion for a thesis?
- How to write a conclusion for a project?
- How to write a conclusion for an analytical essay?
If you are looking for the answer to any of the above scenarios, refer to the following section and find a step by step guide for writing a perfect ending.
- Use your introduction as a guide
- Look what each paragraph was about
- End with a thought provoking final sentence
The following is a brief description of each step for your better understanding of how to write a conclusion sentence.
Use Your Introduction As A Guide
Writing a conclusion does not mean reiterating the introduction. But you can take help from the first paragraph of your paper and draw out the important points to write an impressive ending.
Look What Each Paragraph Was About
If it is a long paper, a good approach is to look at what each paragraph was about. In this way, you can get an idea to summarize the key points in the last paragraph.
End With A Thought Provoking Final Sentence
Another effective approach is to end your paper with something for the readers to think about. You can also offer something to do for readers after finishing reading your paper.
Remember it is important to wrap up all the information in the conclusion to bring the reader full circle. In this way, you can bring your writing to a smooth close and create an impressive piece of work.
Conclusion Paragraph Outline
Writing an essay introduction and body paragraphs is a great accomplishment. But don’t forget you have to pay equal attention to the concluding paragraph as well.
If you are done writing an impressive introductory paragraph, you can write something similar to conclude an essay. Similar to an essay outline, here is the conclusion paragraph outline that you should follow for a perfect closing.
Also known as a conclusion starter, used to once again and for the last time rephrasing the thesis statement. A topic sentence should have the main idea but different wording as compared to the introduction.
In this section, summarize the main arguments discussed in the body paragraphs of the essay. In addition to that, explains how the ideas fit together.
The final words of the essay that should connect back to the main idea discussed in the introductory paragraph. The last sentence should provide a sense of closure by clearly making a final point.
Conclusion Paragraph Examples
The best way to learn more about the techniques for writing an effective conclusion is to look at conclusion paragraph examples by professional writers. Below we have provided you with two perfect conclusion examples to help you learn how to write a conclusion for an essay.
Conclusion Paragraph Example 1
Violence was not the creation of television. The links between television and violence are pretty clear but we must not draw false conclusions in this regard. If television is considered to be the only influence on a child and there is no context in which the child views television, the consequences can be very damaging. The television does not corrupt the child solely, that process starts earlier by the forces that make television the child’s moral arbiter - roles for which it is entirely unsuited. Clearly, television does not have to be a nanny, relatively a little though and money should be applied to a child’s programming. That it becomes a dangerous outcome, television itself is not to blame.
Conclusion Paragraph Example 2
People either see college as a great opportunity or nothing but an inconvenience. Thus a degree can only hold a value as much as its owner’s skill set. The unemployment among the young graduates puts the worth of college degrees in doubt. But the number of benefits that educated and skilled students bring to society and the economy. The connection between these remains in balance. Ordinary people might consider the college as a good investment opportunity, but only if they stay focused and determined to study hard.
Do not copy the examples as it is in your assignment otherwise you will have to face the consequences of plagiarism.
Tips For Writing A Great Conclusion
For writing a great conclusion, keep in mind the following tips to know what it takes for writing a perfect ending. These tips will help you check the conclusion and other parts of essays if they meet the specific recommendations or not.
- The conclusion paragraph is not just about restating the facts you mentioned earlier. If you want to effectively summarize the key points, do not simply repeat things. Try to use new and interesting words to conclude an essay or any other paper.
- At this point in writing, get the focus of your writing a bit broader to show the bigger purpose of your essay.
- Keep the conclusion paragraph simple and clear. One paragraph length is enough for various types of essays. Unless you are writing an extended essay of above 3000 words.
- Avoid adding new ideas and information, simply present the key points mentioned in the body paragraphs. Keep in mind that this is the point to summarize the already discussed information not to introduce the new one. Introducing a new idea or subtopic in the concluding paragraph will confuse the reader.
- Don’t forget to use transitional words for essays to communicate your ideas clearly. The transitional words or phrases should be used in the opening of your conclusion.
- Show the impact of argument and facts on everyday life to show the readers its effects and the possible solution in a concise manner.
Ask For Help To Conclude An Essay Like A Pro!
If you are struggling to write an effective essay conclusion and need a bit of extra help. It is better to go for professional essay help by contacting us at MyPerfectWords.com to get high-quality academic help at ease.
Our experienced team of professional essay writers are capable of even completing the trickiest tasks and solve your writing problems in the shortest duration. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and let us create an impressive paper for you. Place your order now!