Interesting Sociology Research Topics & Ideas for Students
Table of Contents
- How to Choose Interesting Sociology Research Topics?
- Current Sociology Research Topics for Students
- Sociology Research Topics on Mental Health
- Research Topics for Social Work Students
- Sociology Scientific Research Topics
- Sociology Research Topics on Family
- Sociology Research Topics on Crime
- Sociology Research Topics on Gender
- Sociology Research Topics on Education
- Sociology Research Topics on Religion
- Social Media Research Paper Topics
- Social Media Research Paper Topics
- Medical Sociology Research Topics
- Urban Sociology Research Topics
- Rural Sociology Research Topics
- Environmental Sociology Research Topics
- Political Sociology Research Topics
- Applied Social Research Topics
There are different types of research papers, and among those, sociology research papers are very different. Such papers allow students to explore sociology concepts and sociology research techniques.
These papers need to have an abstract, introduction, discussion, main body, outcome, and bibliography. You might need to outline first before you start writing a research paper on any topic. It is also important to know what is covered in sociology research before starting the paper to do good research work.
Here are 100+ sociology research topics for your next paper that you can choose from. Feel free to choose any topic and conduct thorough research
How to Choose Interesting Sociology Research Topics?
It is important to know how to choose a good topic for a research paper. An instructor may assign you one, but you are often asked to come up with your own topic of interest. The following are some important tips to choose a sociology research topic.
- Brainstorm and think of sociology topics that have interested you
- Decide on a type of sociology paper for narrowing down your topic idea
- Consider choosing a topic that relates to sociology majors or minors you might be studying
- Ensure the topic has enough material available online
- Be flexible in choosing the methods of sociological research
Refer to the above tips if you are unsure about choosing a perfect topic for your sociology paper.
Current Sociology Research Topics for Students
Sociological studies cover different areas of life. Below you can find some unique sociology research topics from different areas of study.
The following easy sociology research topics list ranges from simple social psychology research paper topics to social science research topics.
Simple Sociology Research Topics for High School Students
- Write about religious beliefs and rituals
- Is striking a form of protest?
- Discuss sexual harassment and gender discrimination
- Why is there no need for too much data?
- Why should we not test on animals?
- What are the rights of the minority in the United States?
- Why is it important to recognize the rights of transgender people?
- Why did the civil rights movement expand?
- Is Bigotry bad for society?
- Why are social movements important?
Good Sociology Research Topics for College Students
- What are the important characteristics of sustainable consumption?
- Discuss the main reasons behind school violence
- What are the effects of drug legalization?
- What causes social isolation?
- How to stop bullying at school and college?
- Should children be allowed to transition?
- What is the most powerful form of advertising?
- Discuss the problems of third world countries
- Children and teenagers should receive vaccinations. Why?
- Enlist the main causes of depression in children
Sociology Research Topics for PhD Students
- What is the relationship between religion and class?
- How are religious polarization and religious fractionalization different configurations of religious diversity?
- How to fit music in homeschool?
- What is the history of racial segregation?
- What are the effects of increased housing density on quality of life?
- How have family values changed over time?
- What is the role of social workers in abusive marriages?
- Discuss the effects of social working
- Are video games dangerous for young people?
- What is the impact of globalization on different cultures?
Sociology Research Topics on Mental Health
- How does law influence morality?
- What is the link between mental health and child obesity?
- What is the influence of divorce on children?
- Discuss the relationship between crimes and people with mental health issues
- Write about the effects of different kinds of torture
- Is divorce counseling helpful?
- Bipolar disorder and what are the main causes?
- Can mental health be improved through tolerance?
- Compare introvert behavior vs. extrovert behavior
- Differentiate between short and long-term memory
Research Topics for Social Work Students
- Individual therapy vs. group therapy: Which one is effective?
- Children with autism spectrum disorder: What is the impact on parents?
- What is depression and its main causes?
- What are the effective measures to prevent future drug abuse in children?
- What are the coping strategies for LGBT individuals to face discrimination?
- Discuss different types of child abuse
- How to understand the symptoms of grief
- Critically analyze the life of homeless people
- Discuss the main factors contributing to homelessness
- What are some common myths about dyslexia?
Sociology Scientific Research Topics
- In what ways is social media a help or hindrance to personal interactions?
- Post-traumatic stress disorder among soldiers: Why don't they get treatment after returning home?
- How terrorism affects the social community?
- Polls: How do they work?
- How does social media affect job searches?
- How can sociology research be used in business to create better products?
- What are the politics of sleep deprivation?
- What are the social implications of making music illegal in the Middle Ages?
- What are the main causes of consumerism?
- How can we develop healthy social connections in the workplace?
Sociology Research Topics on Family
- Discuss the effects of divorce on children
- What are the effects of cross-racial adoption on society?
- How does an unstable home affect a child?
- What are the negative effects of single parenting?
- Families and marriage sociology. Discuss different ideologies.
- Describe the concept of LGBT parenting in the United States
- Parenting and its effects on children. Discuss.
- How do nontraditional families affect childhood?
- What role does family play in class structure?
- What are social programs needed to help children experiencing communication difficulties with their parents?
Sociology Research Topics on Crime
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Unwarranted arrest and human rights
- Teenagers and dating abuse
- Capital punishment in the justice system
- Rape culture and the victim’s rights
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Child support and incarcerated parents
- False accusation: How can a person defend himself?
- Police officers limited rights
- War crimes versus civil crimes
Sociology Research Topics on Gender
- Discuss the roles of men and women in politics
- Evaluate the gender discrimination in sports
- What is the future of gender norms?
- What is gender identity?
- Why are so few women in STEM?
- Describe the importance of gender studies for children
- Explain the gender roles in the family
- How gender studies affect self-esteem?
- Gender stereotypes in the media. Discuss.
- What are some important women’s rights in different countries?
Sociology Research Topics on Education
- Why is it important to allow students to choose any subject they want?
- Discuss the best ways to prevent bullying in schools
- What are the pros and cons of standardized testing?
- Metal detectors and school security
- How to earn more money as a teacher?
- Why should religious education be taught in schools?
- What are the strategies for dealing with difficult students?
- What are the ethical values in education?
- Compare education military spending
- Education as a government priority. Critically analyze the concept
Sociology Research Topics on Religion
- Why do people believe in magic?
- Religion and spiritualism: What are the main differences?
- Theocracy or democracy. Which is better?
- How does religion affect everyday life?
- Why is religion important to nationalism?
- Can students opt out of state testing?
- What are the significant causes of the faith crisis?
- How religion influences terrorism?
- Polytheistic religion and mythology. Discuss the concept.
- Compare the sociology of religion and the sociology of mythology.
Social Media Research Paper Topics
- What is the role of visuals on social media?
- Discuss the role of social media for start-ups
- What is the impact of social media on education?
- Why do we want to get more likes on Facebook?
- What are the ways of depoliticization of social media?
- How can we use social media for charity?
- Are social sites good or bad?
- What are the types of political propaganda on social sites?
- How can we stop cyberbullying on social sites?
- Which type of posts on social sites get more likes and why?
Medical Sociology Research Topics
- What are the effects of medicine on the body?
- How are treatments developed?
- What is the connection between mental health and physical health?
- How should a doctor-patient relationship be?
- Discuss globalization and the health of the population
- Why is adolescent health important?
- Describe the pros and cons of medical marijuana
- What are the social effects of mental disorders?
- How can we achieve health equity?
- Can happiness cure diseases?
Urban Sociology Research Topics
- Urbanization in the United States
- Sociology and globalization
- Urban poverty and the city
- Urban inequalities and uncertainties
- Individual strategies of coping with contemporary urban challenges
- Urban political strategies in times of crisis
- Social responses to the crisis
- Mobility of urban inequalities
- Urban issues in developing world
- Urban sustainability problems
Rural Sociology Research Topics
- Community sociology in a non-rural sociology program
- Inviting undergraduate students to sociology carnival: A way of introducing the sociological imagination
- The sociology of food banks in Canada: Issues and current research
- High levels of social capital within an internationally connected network
- Social capital can be measured
- Study of sociology addressing issues such as global warming
- Green Sociology: A framework for considering the environmental dimensions of rural society
- Interpreting social change in rural communities
- The roles of women in local rural committee work
- Social problems facing the elderly in Chinese arable regions
Environmental Sociology Research Topics
- Discuss the effects of global warming on climate change
- How do environmental hazards affect human health?
- Why are coral reefs endangered?
- Why are hurricanes becoming more intense?
- Can we reverse global warming?
- How does an ecosystem work?
- What is the process of recycling?
- What is responsible consumption?
- Explain the causes of acid rain
- What is the phenomenon of climate refugees?
Political Sociology Research Topics
- Discuss the formation of the modern state
- How the information age brings personal freedom?
- What does sociology say about free will?
- Why people participate in crowds, and how participation shapes social order.
- Why are some risks perceived as greater than others by governments?
- How can people create social institutions?
- How can sociology be applied in our daily political decisions?
- Why is sociology important in the modern political world?
- Can sociology explain everything about society and politics?
- Which form of government can explain sociology in a better way?
Applied Social Research Topics
- What are the different ways to market products to millennials?
- How does immigration affect the economy?
- Should pilots be armed?
- How to improve school readiness for children?
- How to overcome social anxiety?
- How can obesity be prevented?
- How to abolish hate crime?
- Should vaccinations be avoided to prevent autism?
- Is genetically modified food good for health?
- How can the government help manage climate change?
Feel free to choose any topic and start working on the research paper outline. We are sure that these topics are more than enough to help you get started. However, make sure to choose a specific one that reflects the sociology discipline.
You can combine or modify these topics the way you want. But if you are still unsure what is the best topic to write your social issues essays on, we can help.
Professional essay writers at MyPerfectWords.com can help you decide on an interesting topic for your sociological research paper. We can also provide you with a complete essay written from scratch within your deadline.
Get help from the best essay writing service if you are unable to choose the right topic for your research paper. Simply contact us now and get professional research paper writing paper help.