Interesting Sociology Research Topics & Ideas for Students
Table of Contents
- How to Choose an Interesting Sociology Research Topic?
- Current Sociology Research Topics for Students
- Sociology Research Topics on Mental Health
- Research Topics for Social Work Students
- Sociology Scientific Research Topics
- Sociology Research Topics on Family
- Sociology Research Topics on Crime
- Sociology Research Topics on Gender
- Sociology Research Topics on Education
- Sociology Research Topics on Religion
- Health and Social Research Topics
- Social Media Research Paper Topics
- Medical Sociology Research Topics
- Urban Sociology Research Topics
- Environmental Sociology Research Topics
- Applied Social Research Topics
There are different types of research papers and among those, sociology research papers are very different.
Regarding structure, there should be an abstract, introduction, discussion, main body, outcome, and bibliography. You might need to create an outline first for writing a research paper on any topic. Getting an idea of what is covered by sociology research is also important.
Below you can find 100+ helpful sociology research paper topics that you can use for your next paper. Feel free to choose any topic and conduct thorough research for a great paper.
How to Choose an Interesting Sociology Research Topic?
The ability to develop a good topic for a research paper is an important skill. An instructor may assign you a topic, but you are often asked to come up with your own topic of interest.
Here are some tips to follow if you don’t know how to choose a good topic to write your paper.
- Brainstorm for different ideas
- Select a topic that will help you understand the literature
- Ensure the topic has enough material available online
- Be flexible in choosing the methods of sociological research
- Make a list of keywords for sociological topics
- Examine several opinions before choosing a social research paper topic
Refer to the above tips if you are not sure about choosing a perfect topic for your sociology paper.
Current Sociology Research Topics for Students
Sociological studies cover different areas of life. Below you can find some interesting sociology research topics from different areas of study that you can choose from.
The following easy sociology research topics list ranges from simple social psychology research paper topics to social science research topics.
Simple Sociology Research Topics for High School Students
- Write about religious beliefs and rituals
- Is striking a form of protest?
- Sexual harassment and gender discrimination
- Why is there no need for too much data?
- Why should we not test on animals?
- What are the rights of the minority in the United States?
- Why is it important to recognize the rights of transgender people?
- Why did the civil rights movement expand?
- Is Bigotry bad for society?
- Why are social movements important?
Good Sociology Research Topics for College Students
- What are the important characteristics of sustainable consumption?
- Main reasons behind school violence
- Effects of drug legalization
- What causes social isolation?
- How to stop bullying at school and college?
- Should children be allowed to transition?
- The most powerful form of advertising
- Problems of third world countries
- Children and teenagers should receive vaccinations
- Main causes of depression in children
Sociology Research Topics for PhD Students
- What is the relationship between religion and class?
- Religious polarization and religious fractionalization
- How to fit music in homeschool?
- What is the history of racial segregation?
- The influence of social media on our culture
- How have family values changed over time?
- What is the role of social workers in abusive marriages?
- Discuss the effects of social working
- Are video games dangerous for young people?
- Impact of globalization on different cultures
Sociology Research Topics on Mental Health
- How does law influence morality?
- What is the link between mental health and child obesity?
- What is the influence of divorce on children?
- Relationship between crimes and people with mental health issues
- Write about the effects of different kinds of torture
- Is divorce counseling helpful?
- Bipolar disorder and what are the main causes?
- Can mental health be improved through tolerance?
- Introvert behavior vs. extrovert behavior
- Short and long-term memory
Research Topics for Social Work Students
- Individual therapy vs. group therapy: which one is effective?
- Children with autism spectrum disorder: what is the impact on parents?
- Depression and its main causes
- Effective measures to prevent future drug abuse in children
- Coping strategies for LGBT individuals to face discrimination
- Types of child abuse
- How to understand the symptoms of grief
- Life of homeless people
- Main factors contributing to homelessness
- Common myths about dyslexia
Sociology Scientific Research Topics
- Workplace financial transparency
- Race, gender, and power
- Polls: how do they work?
- Marriage customs around the world
- Issues on education: private or government?
- A discussion of international treaties
- The social background of the anti-vaccination movement
- Social behavior of cliques in prison
- What are the main causes of consumerism?
- Healthy social connections in the workplace
Sociology Research Topics on Family
- The effect of divorce on children
- What are the effects of cross-racial adoption on society?
- How does an unstable home affect a child?
- What are the negative effects of single parenting?
- Families and marriage sociology
- LGBT parenting in the United States
- Parenting and its effects on children
- Nontraditional families and childhood
- Families and social class
- Need for social programs to help children experiencing communication difficulties with their parents
Sociology Research Topics on Crime
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Unwarranted arrest and human rights
- Teenagers and dating abuse
- Capital punishment in the justice system
- Rape culture and the victim’s rights
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Child support and incarcerated parents
- False accusation: how can a person defend himself?
- Police officer limited rights
- War crimes versus civil crimes
Sociology Research Topics on Gender
- Roles of men and women in politics
- Gender discrimination in sports
- What is the future of gender norms?
- What is gender identity?
- Why are so few women in STEM?
- Importance of gender studies for children
- The gender roles in the family
- How gender studies affect self-esteem?
- Gender stereotypes in media
- Women rights in different countries
Sociology Research Topics on Education
- Why is it important to allow students to choose any subject they want?
- Best ways to prevent bullying in schools
- What are the pros and cons of standardized testing?
- Metal detectors and school security
- How to earn more money as a teacher?
- Why should religious education be taught in schools?
- Strategies for dealing with difficult students
- Ethical values in education
- Compare education military spending
- Education as a government priority
Sociology Research Topics on Religion
- Why do people believe in magic?
- Religion and spiritualism: what are the main differences?
- Theocracy or democracy?
- How religion affects everyday life?
- Why is religion important to nationalism?
- Can students opt-out of state testing?
- Significant causes of faith crisis
- How religion influences terrorism
- Polytheistic religion and mythology
- Soul and religion concept
Health and Social Research Topics
- Plastic surgery: is it safe for health?
- Share your thought on alternative medical treatments
- What are the five principles of palliative care?
- How can doctors play an important role by providing health facilities to needy people?
- The idea of part-time working in orphanages
- The beauty standards and their impact on mental health
- Is bodybuilding healthy?
- Healthy lifestyle in different ages
- The health of infants and newborns
- Effects of medicine on the body
Social Media Research Paper Topics
- What is the role of visuals on social media?
- Discuss the role of social media for start-ups
- The impact of social media on education
- Why do we want to get more likes on Facebook?
- Ways of depoliticization of social media
- Social media for charity
- Are social sites good or bad?
- Types of political propaganda on social sites
- How can we stop cyberbullying on social sites?
- Which type of posts on social sites get more likes and why?
Medical Sociology Research Topics
- Social inequalities and health care systems
- How are treatments developed?
- What is the connection between mental health and physical health?
- Doctor-patient relationship
- Globalization and the health of the population
- Why is adolescent health important?
- Pros and cons of medical marijuana
- Social effects of mental disorders.
- How can we achieve health equity?
- Can happiness cure diseases?
Urban Sociology Research Topics
- Urbanization in the United States
- Sociology and globalization
- Urban poverty and the city
- Urban inequalities and uncertainties
- Individual strategies of coping with contemporary urban challenges
- Urban political strategies in times of crisis
- Social responses to the crisis
- Mobility of urban inequalities
- Urban issues in developing world
- Urban sustainability problems
Environmental Sociology Research Topics
- Global warming and climate change
- Environmental Hazards and human health
- Why are coral reefs endangered?
- Why are hurricanes becoming more intense?
- Can we reverse global warming?
- How does an ecosystem work?
- The process of recycling
- What is responsible consumption?
- Causes of acid rain
- The phenomenon of climate refugees
Applied Social Research Topics
- Different ways to market products to millennials
- How does immigration affect the economy?
- Should pilots be armed?
- How to improve school readiness for children?
- How to overcome social anxiety?
- How can obesity be prevented?
- How to abolish hate crime?
- Should vaccinations be avoided to prevent autism?
- Is genetically modified food good for health?
- How can the government help manage climate change?
Feel free to choose any topic and start working on the research paper outline. We are sure that these topics are more than enough to help you get started.
You can combine or modify these topics the way you want. But if you are still unsure what is the best topic to write your social issues essays on, we can help.
Professional essay writers at MyPerfectWords.com can help you decide on an interesting topic for your sociological research paper. We can also provide you with a complete essay written from scratch within your deadline.
Get help from the best essay writing service if you are unable to choose the right topic for your research paper.
Place your order now and get professional research paper writing paper help.