Best Persuasive Essay Topics - 200+ Interesting Ideas
Students face a lot of academic assignments in their high-school and colleges. Similarly, writing a persuasive essay is an inevitable part of academic writing.
However, selecting the right essay topic is more tiring and nerve-racking for students than writing the actual essay. It is the first step to attract the target audience and improve the overall performance and grade.
The following skills will help you brainstorm some impressive topics for a persuasive essay.
- Reading and comprehension
- Research and analysis
- Critical thinking
These elements are required to select a subject by identifying the opposing arguments. It will also help you convince the audience about your viewpoint.
Nevertheless, there are cases when you get stuck at the stage of choosing a topic. This is where the professional help of MyPerfectWords.com comes in.
Our qualified essay writers have collected some impressive ideas for your essay. Check out these examples of persuasive essay topics.
Table of Contents
- How To Choose A Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
- Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
- Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Crime and Law Persuasive Essay Topics
- Environment Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Health-Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Get Professional Help from a Persuasive Essay Writer
How to Choose a Good Persuasive Essay Topic?
Follow the below-given steps to choose good persuasive essay topics.
Consider Your Interest
The first step of your exceptional persuasive writing is to choose a topic of your interest. You can talk about the issue more convincingly if you are personally concerned about it. Similarly, your research and writing skills will be better because you are more informed on the topic.
It is because the primary purpose of this academic paper is to convince the readers about your opinion using evidence. Thus, there is no point in persuading the audience about the matter you are not sure or convinced.
Narrow It Down
Choosing broad topic ideas for persuasive essays can cause confusion as you will have to struggle a lot to find the information. Therefore, narrowing down your focus on a single aspect will make your persuasive speeches easy to handle.
Talk About Controversy
There are always a few people who have a different opinion regarding some controversy. It does not mean that you have to talk opposite to the general trend.
You can just share your opinion, ensuring that it is logical and makes sense.
Pick the Stance You Agree With
Make sure you choose the persuasive argument topics with two potential sides. Because writing a persuasive essay aims to persuade the readers regarding some specific stance.
For this, you need to be careful while picking the stance for your essay. If you select the side you don’t agree to; you will not be able to convince your audience about it.
Find Strong Evidence and Examples
Conduct in-depth research to find strong evidence and examples to back up your side. Use both primary and secondary sources to collect different points of view, facts, and statistics. It will make your study more compelling and impressive.
Avoid Common Pitfalls
When coming up with a topic, many students think about whether their professors will like it or not. Overthinking about these aspects doesn't help you choose the essay topic wisely.
Instead, try to be creative and choose persuasive writing topics you are most passionate about or wish to write on.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Students
Below is a list of some good persuasive essay ideas according to different grade levels and subjects.
Persuasive Essay Topics for University Students
- Why are lawyers paid too much? Give reasons.
- Who is responsible for stray dogs?
- Why is censorship of the internet necessary?
- Is technology a distraction or a bonus?
- Privacy Vs. Security. Which one do you prefer?
- Discuss the positive aspects of rivalry.
- Online education vs. traditional schooling. Which one is better?
- Are vaccinations linked to autism?
- Is it important to change and revise the state’s welfare system?
- Why must there be some limits to freedom of speech?
Persuasive Essay Topics for College
- Why should colleges ban the use of mobile phones on campus premises?
- Immigration challenges can easily be solved by fencing the borders. How?
- Why must sociopaths and psychopaths be sentenced to death?
- Why should parents keep a check on children’s internet activities?
- How does feminism devalue motherhood?
- Kids’ cartoons must be scrutinized for inappropriate content. Discuss.
- Discuss why traditional classes are better than distant learning?
- How banning weapons production can reduce terrorist activities across the globe?
- Discuss why female students should take part in wrestling and boxing?
- What is the best age for driving a car?
Persuasive Essay Topics for High School
- Time management leads to a successful career. Explain how?
- How listening to music while working helps improve the focus?
- Pursuing one's hobby as a career ensures success. Elaborate on the concept.
- Discuss how dressing depicts the personality of an individual.
- Joining the army should be a choice and not a compulsion for young people. Discuss.
- How dealing with embarrassing moments in life builds the confidence of the individual?
- Why are argumentative paper assignments a waste of time?
- Why should the tax rate be higher for rich people in the United States? Give reasons.
- Modern youth cannot survive without social networks. Why?
- How to overcome fear and anxiety?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- Why should parents pay children for household chores?
- Why is participation in school sports mandatory for all students?
- Why should soda drinks not be served in school cafeterias?
- Fast food should not be a part of the school meal menu. Discuss why.
- Why can war never bring positive outcomes?
- Why should every student have a pet?
- Should students be taught to earn and donate money?
- Should advertisement boards not be allowed on the school premises?
- Why is the security of human beings more important than their privacy?
- Video games are a way of learning. How?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids
- Why must mobile phones be banned during class lectures?
- Discuss productive ways to spend your money.
- Schools should ban junk meals. Discuss reasons.
- Moving from a small village to a large city is necessary for an ambitious family. Why?
- Which is the best TV show ever?
- Discuss the elements of true friendship.
- Should families spend more time together?
- What important issues parents should explain to their children?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of eating sweets?
- Should there be a proper uniform for the students?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Why should we eat more fruits and vegetables?
- Going to bed early is important for your health. Explain why.
- What are the benefits of donating blood?
- Discuss the pros and cons of summer classes.
- Are cell phones dangerous to your health?
- How healthy eating prevents disease?
- Discuss the pros and cons of cheerleading.
- What are the ways to improve school lunches?
- Why should you vaccinate your indoor cat?
- Why must prayers in schools be mandatory for everyone?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Why must college students be rewarded for getting good grades?
- Less amount of homework should be assigned to 6th-grade students. Explain why.
- Why do people in society use recycled products?
- Together we can save the world from global warming. Discuss how?
- What are the ways to control child obesity?
- Analyze how the government is responsible for the welfare of citizens.
- The safety of the nation is more important than its privacy. Explain.
- Living in a rural area or living in an urban area. Which one is better?
- Are digital books replacing physical books?
- School days should finish earlier. Why?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Is a male leader better than a female leader?
- Should babysitters take parenting classes?
- Explain why children who read more have good writing skills?
- Should teaching etiquettes be a part of lesson planning?
- Should kids have more time to relax at home after school?
- Kids should not be given too much money. Why?
- Why must every individual be allowed to learn a foreign language?
- Why should we stop the production of nuclear weapons to have more peace?
- Why should we grow more vegetables and fruits at home?
- Discuss why the gym class is more important in contrast to music class.
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Should students have a 3-day weekend?
- Should school athletes be paid for playing?
- Should Marijuana be made legal for medicinal purposes?
- Why should illegal immigrants be allowed to get a driving license?
- Why do computer notebooks and tablets replace course textbooks?
- Why should boys and girls not be in separate classes?
- Should every state have a free health care system for citizens?
- All cities must offer free public WiFi. Discuss.
- Why should people not be allowed to keep wild animals as pets?
- Should sex education be taught in both public and private schools?
Persuasive Essay Topics for Grade 10
- Should the driving age be lowered to 14?
- Police should not chase a car. Why?
- Sports cars and bikes are dangerous. Give reasons.
- Discuss why the driving test should be free.
- Introverts make good leaders. Discuss how?
- People should never go into business with family members. Give reasons why?
- Is it prohibited to burn flags and banners?
- Money cannot buy love or happiness. Evaluate the concept.
- Discuss why cats are better pets than dogs.
- Critically analyze why teachers should pass a basic exam to get jobs?
Easy Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why do most people use public transport for traveling purposes?
- Pollution is affecting the ozone layer. How?
- Why should we use disposable diapers?
- Is it important to keep the environment clean?
- Why should female workers have the same salary as male workers?
- Is it unethical to eat meat?
- Explain why children should not watch horror movies.
- Fairy tales are good for kids. Discuss.
- How is parental pressure on children dangerous?
- Why should men not wear pink?
Controversial Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why should gay marriages not be allowed?
- A man is the product of society, not nature. Discuss.
- Why should the American legal system support discrimination of minorities?
- Should sex education be a must for younger teenagers?
- Why is the Internet not safe for young children?
- Should children be allowed to drive?
- Dating in the workplace should not be allowed. Why?
- Should euthanasia be legalized for terminally ill patients?
- Why should children be separated from abusive parents?
- Why should repeat offenders be charged with the death penalty?
Funny Persuasive Essay Topics
- How bad decisions make a person wise?
- Why is adult life more difficult than teenage life?
- Vegetarians do not care much about animals. Analyze the concept.
- Why are fathers a better option to be friends than mothers?
- Never add your parents as friends on social media accounts. Why?
- Explain why men should not be judged for wearing pink.
- How do pets see their owners?
- Discuss the reasons why people hate Monday.
- How can AutoCorrect ruin your life?
- Why are crushes so fun to have?
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics
- Animal sports, including race or fighting, are immoral. Evaluate.
- Bodybuilding is risky for women. Why?
- How energy drinks impact the performance of athletes?
- Are women better dancers and swimmers as compared to men?
- Athletes are born, not trained. Elaborate on the concept.
- Is practicing sports the best way of relieving stress?
- Men are more prone to injuries during sports events than females. Why?
- Badminton or Tennis? Which one is better?
- Why is swimming so good for you?
- What is the reality of WWE?
Persuasive Essay Topics About Animals
- Why should hunting be banned?
- Is poaching illegal?
- Are microchipping stray and pet animals unethical?
- Should animal testing be banned across the globe?
- Why should beauty goods not be tested on animals?
- How do animals survive extremely cold conditions?
- Why are pets good for kids?
- Why do snakes make great pets?
- Why should we save endangered species?
- Why is pet health care so expensive?
Crime and Law Persuasive Essay Topics
- Why should guns not be allowed on college campuses?
- Every individual has a right to privacy. Discuss.
- Should the death penalty be banned?
- Recreational marijuana should not be legalized. Give reasons.
- How offenders of domestic violence tend to become terrorists?
- Discuss the causes of police brutality.
- Explain the concepts of policing and social order.
- What are the causes of victimization?
- Discuss parental abduction laws.
- Discuss the history of corporal punishment.
Environment Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Do human beings cause climate change?
- How does industrialization cause global warming?
- Why should recycling be mandatory?
- What are the pros and cons of alternative fuels?
- Why do we need to protect the rainforest?
- Should plastic bags be banned?
- How microbes benefit human health?
- How can natural resources be conserved?
- What are the impacts of oil spills on marine life?
- Should palm oil be banned?
Health-Related Persuasive Essay Topics
- Healthcare should be free of cost. Why?
- Why is obesity the major source of increasing death rates?
- Should restaurants display nutrition values on their menu cards?
- How can diabetes affect a person at work?
- Why is too much salt bad for you?
- Why should people care more about sleep?
- What are the effects of drinking too much soda?
- Is toothpaste actually healthy?
- Discuss the effects of diet pills and supplements.
- How high drug prices affect patients?
These topics will help you write perfect persuasive or argumentative essays to impress your instructor.
Get Professional Help from a Persuasive Essay Writer
If you need more interesting persuasive paper topics, get professional essay help from a persuasive essay writer.
Due to a lack of resources, most students take help from a cheap and unreliable service. Such online scams provide you nothing but a low-quality essay. Thus, make sure you are choosing a professional service to get an A grade.
MyPerfectWords.com is a legit essay writing service that can help you with your academics. Our essay experts will not only assist in selecting a topic but will also compose your essay.
By choosing us, you don’t have to worry about getting a zero plagiarism and original essay. As soon as you make an initial payment, we will assign a subject specialist for your assignment.
Similarly, we offer all our services at budget-friendly rates. Remember, your first essay with us is absolutely free.
Thus, MyPerfectWords.com is the answer to your problems. Place your order now to get your essay in less time and effort.