Interesting Personal Statement Prompts 2021
In the college admission process, most colleges will require you to write a personal statement as part of the application process. To help in the writing process, some colleges might provide you with interesting prompts so that you can write a winning personal statement.
For those cases when no prompt is provided, we have listed interesting personal statement prompts 2021 for your help.
Refer to the following prompts for an effective personal statement.
Personal Statement Prompts
A personal statement is an important part of the application process when you are applying for a college or university.
The main aim of writing a personal statement is to represent yourself as a perfect candidate and explain why you want to be a part of that college or university.
The first thing that students handle is to decide on an interesting prompt for their personal statement. Although some colleges provide personal statement writing prompts to give students a sense of direction. Others give the freedom to students to write their personal statements on their choice of prompt.
When no prompt is provided, you can refer to the following personal statement essay prompts and start thinking about them.
Common App Personal Statement Prompts
Here are some common app personal statement prompts to give you a chance to tell your story. Colleges require students to submit a personal statement aside from filling out your personal and academic information once.
The personal statement is very important for your admission success, so it is important to familiarize yourself with the common application personal statement prompts mentioned below.
- Some students have a background, interest, or talent that is interesting and they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If it sounds like you, please share your story.
- The lessons we take from the difficulties we encounter in our life can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. What did you learn from that experience?
- Recount a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What factors prompted your feeling? And what was the outcome?
- Discuss an accomplishment event or realization that helped you in your personal growth and a new understanding of yourself.
Personal Statement Prompts For College
The college application process can be overwhelming. But a great way to stand out from others is to write a personal statement to show what qualities you have. We have put together some interesting college personal statement prompts to give you a starting point.
- Describe your favorite movie or book where the main character has to make a difficult decision. What are your thoughts about their choice?
- If you were given the power to travel back in time to any period in history, where would you go and why?
- Share a story that directly and indirectly illustrates what type of person you are.
- What is the best advice you ever received? Who gave you that advice? And did you follow that advice in your life?
Personal Statement Prompts Graduate School
Applying to a graduate program can be a significant step towards reaching your academic and career goals. Along with gathering recommendation letters, submitting transcripts, and taking exams students typically have to write a personal statement to include in their applications.
In addition to learning about a personal statement and its role, getting familiar with important prompts can also help you in writing an outstanding personal statement.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so interesting that it makes you lose track of time. What makes it so interesting? Who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Describe a problem you have solved or a problem you would like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance no matter what. Explain its importance and what measures you took to identify a solution.
- How would you describe your background identity, interest, or talent? And how does it differentiates you from others?
- If you were given the ability to go back in time and change one moment in your life? What would you change and why?
Personal Statement Prompts UC
The UC application sounds like a tough riddle. Each student writes four essays from the provided 8 prompts. With each essay, the main goal is not just to answer the question but also to tell a story about yourself.
Below you can find UC personal statement prompts to demonstrate some critical aspects of your personality.
- Give an example of your leadership experience in which you influenced others in a positive way. What step did you take to resolve disputes? And how did you contribute to group efforts?
- What is your greatest skill or talent? How have you developed and demonstrated that skill or talent overtime?
- Describe how you have taken advantage of an important educational opportunity or worked to overcome an educational barrier?
- Describe the most difficult challenges that you have faced and the measures you have taken to overcome it? How did that particular challenge affect you?
Personal Statement Prompts Law School
A personal statement is a great chance to reflect upon your life and show the law admission committee members who you really are. The following law school personal statement prompts will give you an idea of the important questions that you need to address.
- Describe a personal challenge that you have faced and what lessons you have learned from it.
- Share your proudest personal achievement that reveals who you are and what struggles you have gone through to achieve it.
- Describe your involvement in a project and how it has contributed to your personal growth.
- Steps you have taken to make your community a better place?
Personal Statement Prompts Examples
The best way to learn how to address different prompts is to read a range of good personal statement prompt examples and get an idea for the overall writing and structure. For your help, below we have provided a great example for you to not go wrong when writing your own personal statement.
Hopefully, the above list of prompts helps you in deciding on the idea on which your personal statement should be written. You can review some personal statement examples to learn how to address each prompt.
Regardless of which prompt you choose, it is important to answer all the questions. If you have written your personal statement on a topic of your choice, ensure your essay represents a broader picture.
If the above prompts are not enough for you then you can reach out for help. The best paper writing service is all you need for a top-notch piece of writing. Our writers will not only help you in deciding on the prompt but also write you a personal statement from scratch.
You will find an expert personal statement writer on our site in only a few minutes. All you have to do is place your order with just a few simple steps.
Ask a personal statement writer for help and get perfect results!