Interesting Compare and Contrast Essay Topics & Ideas
Drawing comparisons to make the right decisions is part of our day-to-day life. However, when asked to draft a compare and contrast essay, students feel confused and puzzled.
The first difficulty that a writer witnesses while drafting a compare and contrast essay is choosing the right essay topic. The more interesting topic you will choose for your essay, the better grades you will achieve in the assignment.
To make the selection process easier, we have gathered some great compare and contrast essay topics. Continue reading the article to choose the best theme for your essay.
Table of Contents
- How to Choose a Compare and Contrast Essay Topic?
- Easy Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for 6th grade
- Impressive Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Middle School
- Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for High School
- Best Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College Students
- History Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Sports Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Psychology Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Education Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Funny Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Controversial Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Compare and Contrast Essay Topics on Movies
- Compare and Contrast Essay Outline
- Compare and Contrast Essay Example
How to Choose a Compare and Contrast Essay Topic?
Usually, school and college students are assigned topics for their essays. But if not, then it is time to show your creativity by choosing an interesting topic.
Choosing the right topic for your essay is both important and daunting. To make your compare and contrast essay engaging for the readers, choosing an exciting topic is mandatory.
If you want to select an impressive topic for your essay, follow the tips provided below:
- Identify the topics that you find interesting and are passionate about discussing. The more interested you are in the subject, the better you will handle it.
- List down all the ideas and choose subjects that can be described in detail with different aspects.
- Make sure that the subjects chosen to create your essay belong to the same group or category.
- Keep in mind the targeted audience. Your writing should be structured according to the interests of the readers to increase your essay’s readership. So choose a topic that interests your audience as well.
- Choose topics from current trends and controversies. People are more interested to know about things that are new for them or are controversial.
Researching before choosing your compare and contrast essay topic is essential. In this way, you will know if your chosen topic is suitable or not.
One should always choose topics belonging to a similar category. For example, for a literary essay, either select two books or poems for comparison. Do not mix and match to show your creativity. It will not help.
To make our students’ lives simpler, experts at MyPerfectWords.com have gathered some good compare and contrast topics. Whether you are searching for college students’ issues or high school students, this list will be beneficial.
So if you have not decided on the topic as yet, get inspired by the topic ideas given below:
Easy Compare And Contrast Essay Topics for 6th Grade
- Compare between quotes of known celebrities
- Books of famous writers
- Rap songs and Pop Songs
- Reptiles Vs. Mammals
- Shaggy Vs. Fred
- Renting and owning things
- Italy Vs. Spain
- Is living in a house better than a flat?
- Compare and contrast between adulthood and childhood.
- Superman Vs. Spiderman
- Nighttime Vs. Daytime
- Sleeping Vs. Being active
- Running & Walking
- Summer & Winter
- Comic books and TV shows
Impressive Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Middle School
- Playing video games Vs. reading a book
- Real communication Vs. texting
- Apple Vs. Pear
- Giving Vs. Getting presents - Which is more pleasant?
- Long hair or short hair
- Cats Vs. Dogs
- King Arthur Vs. Zeus
- Watching a film at home Vs in cinema
- Dictators Vs. School bullies
- Hurricane Vs. Tsunami
- Halloween or prom night? - Which one is more fun?
- Riding or driving - Which is more difficult?
- 5 star Vs. 3-star hotel
- Male or female - A better friend?
- Parents Vs. Celebrities - Who influences more?
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for High School
- John Locke against Thomas Hobbes
- George Bush Vs. Donald Trump
- Bill Gates and Steve Jobs
- Prince and Michael Jackson
- Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi
- Abraham Lincoln and Winston Churchill
- Adolf Hitler and Mussolini
- Margaret Thatcher and Theresa May
- Jon Bon Jovi and Elvis Presley.
- Socrates and Plato
- Good teacher Vs. a bad teacher
- Facebook or Instagram
- Fast food Vs. healthy meal
- Public school Vs. Private school
- Parental control or full freedom
Best Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College Students
- School Vs. College - Which is more difficult?
- Employed Vs. unemployed students
- Research papers Vs. Essays
- American Vs. British English
- Education Vs. employment
- IELTS Vs. TOEFL
- Graduate Vs. Postgraduate student
- Argumentative Vs. Persuasive essays
- Android Vs. iOS
- Online writing vs traditional writing
- Online Vs. Traditional shopping
- Chinese Vs. American beauty concepts
- Rock Vs. Classical music
- Apartment Vs. House
- University professors Vs. School teachers
- Traditional house Vs. Smart house
History Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Renaissance and Baroque Art
- US President Vs. British Prime Minister
- Fascism and Totalitarianism
- Religious Studies Vs. Anthropology
- America Vs. Soviet Government
- Gandhi and Jinnah’s political approaches
- Communism Vs. Liberalism
- Make a comparison between Russian emperors
- Iran pre and post monarchy
- Karl Marx and Friedrich Hegel
- Comparison of Lincoln's and Washington' Ideas
- Anthropology Vs. Religious Studies
- Henry VIII Vs. King Louis XIV
- American Government Vs. the Soviet Government
- Renaissance Vs. Baroque Epoch
Sports Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Sports Vs. Exercise - Which is better for health?
- Table tennis Vs. Lawn tennis
- Football Vs. Soccer
- Basketball Vs. Baseball
- Breakdance Vs. ballet
- Steroids Vs. energy drinks - More harmful for athletes?
- Women’s Vs. men’s basketball
- Australian Vs. Indian cricket team
- The Bundesliga Vs. The English Premier League
- Barcelona Vs. Real Madrid
- Swimming Vs. cycling
- Brazil team Vs. Manning team
- Evening exercise Vs. morning exercise
- Off-road Vs. Formula one racing
- Football in 20th Vs. 21st Century
Psychology Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Psychology and Psychiatry
- Nature Vs. Nurture
- Therapy Vs. Medication
- Rehabilitation advantages and Disadvantages
- Autism Vs. Down Syndrome
- Suicide and Homicide
- Smoking and Vaping
- Impact of social media on people and depression
- Stress and Depression
- Compare Theories of J. Watson and B. Skinner.
- Sociology Vs. psychology
- Bipolar Disorder Vs. Epilepsy
- Strict Parenting Vs. Relaxed Parenting
- Ego Vs. Superego
- Soft Drugs Vs. Hard Drugs
Education Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- SAT Vs. IELTS
- Scientific Paper Vs Academic Writing
- Science and Art
- Professional Vs. Skill Degree
- Essay Writing and Research Paper
- What is the difference between Public and Private School students?
- Casual Clothing Vs. Uniforms
- University and College
- Gender studies and Women's Studies
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Traditional Vs. online education
- Homeschooling Vs. traditional education
- Testing or stress-free education
- Studying languages Vs. sciences
- Drinking soda or water
Funny Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Moonwalk Vs. Gangnam Style
- Xbox Vs. PlayStation
- Growing a tree Vs. raising a child
- Being a single Vs. in a relationship
- Drugs or Coffee - Which is better to improve performance?
- Morse code Vs. Beethoven’s fifth symphony
- Love or friendship
- Apple Vs. Samsung
- Live-in relationship Vs. marriage
- Barbie Vs. Bratz
- Tom & Jerry Vs. Bugs Bunny
- Math teacher or English teacher
- Greek Vs. Roman Mythology
- Parents Vs. Grandparents
- Pasta Vs, Pizza
Controversial Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Saving money or not
- Public vs private college
- Monarchy vs democracy
- Theory vs practical
- Higher education or job
- Plastic vs paper
- The political system of US vs the UK
- 3D movies or 4D movies
- Plastic surgery or not
- Oxford or Harvard
- Being famous or being wealthy
- TV or newspapers
- Communism vs capitalism
- Linux or Windows
- Paintings vs photos
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics on Movies
- Comedy Vs. horror movies
- Vampires of Twilight Vs. Vampire diaries
- Avengers Vs. Fantastic Four
- DC or Marvel
- Normal Vs. 3D screening
- Dumbledore Vs. Voldemort
- Michael Jackson Vs. Prince
- Netflix or Youtube
- Bollywood Vs. Hollywood
- Mystery Vs. Crime movies
- Superman Vs. Batman
- Harry Potter Books Vs. Movies
- Pride and Prejudice Vs. The Great Gatsby
- Mission Impossible 1 Vs. 6
- Game of Thrones Vs. The Witcher
Sometimes students need more than a topic list to guide them. And because of this, they look for reliable assistance. MyPerfectWords.com has a team of qualified and expert writers that will help you in all your academic problems.
Compare and Contrast Essay Outline
Writing a compare and contrast essay does not mean focusing on the subjects’ known facts only. To make your essay informative, conduct in-depth research to bring brand new information for the readers.
A strong compare and contrast essay depends on an exciting topic, a clear outline, and a detailed interpretation of similarities and differences. A compare and contrast essay uses the traditional essay outline of 5 Paragraphs:
- Body Paragraph 1
- Body Paragraph 2
- Body Paragraph 3
In the introductory paragraphs, a hook statement is used to grab the reader’s attention. Once you have your audience’s attention you introduce the subjects chosen to draw a comparison. At the end of the introduction part, the thesis statement or the main claim is presented.
The body of the compare and contrast essay is then drafted. For this essay, the body paragraphs can be written using a block or point-by-point method depending on the writer’s preference.
After the main body, the essay is concluded by summarizing the significant points and drawing the analysis. A writer forms a final verdict on the topic to prove the thesis statement.
Drafting a compare and contrast essay outline is essential to organize all the information in the content. Without the proper arrangement, the content will be harder to understand by the audience.
Compare and Contrast Essay Example
It is impossible to create a perfect compare and contrast essay for an amateur at the first go. If you are writing this essay for the first time, it is suggested to first go through some written sample papers.
The following are compare and contrast essay examples that will help you draft a high-quality essay in no time:
- Free Compare and Contrast Essay Example (PDF)
Whether writing an essay or an academic paper on compare and contrast, it is essential first to examine the examples. You can easily get examples from essay writing companies online, such as MyPerfectWords.com.
MyperfectWords.com is a reliable essay writing service that provides quality and custom academic assistance.
If you are looking for free essay examples and samples, MyPerfectWords.com is the right place. We have professional essay writers available around the clock to help you with your essays.
Place your order now to get a well-written academic paper to improve your grades.