Persuasive Speech - Writing Tips and Topics
The main purpose of a persuasive speech is to convince the audience with a certain point of view or idea. First, you choose a captivating topic and then write a compelling speech to explain your stance.
The best way to produce an effective speech is to structure your argument as a solution to a problem. Explain the significance of the problem to the audience. Convince your audience that you have a solution to that problem, and your solution can make things better.
In this guide, you will get some amazing topics that can turn into a great persuasive speech. And you will learn how to write a good speech that impresses and also convince the audience with your ideas.
What is Persuasive Speech?
A persuasive speech is a type of speech that is used to persuade the audience to believe in something or to act upon something. The speaker tries to convince the audience with his point of view.
The successful persuasive speeches are thought-provoking, informative, and provide a clear opinion. The main purpose of a persuasive speech is to convince the audience to accept a certain perspective, but not all perspectives can persuade the audience and not all the audience can be convinced by a single speech.
However, the success of a persuasive speech is often measured by the way the speaker has presented and communicated his point of view.
How to Write a Persuasive Speech?
Delivering a great speech is more than just choosing an interesting and thought-provoking topic. Of course, you need to pick a topic that grabs the reader’s attention. But to keep your audience interested in your speech, just grabbing the attention won’t work. If your speech is not written correctly, a strong topic won’t be able to serve the purpose.
You need to organize your information properly and provide some interesting facts and information; otherwise, the audience will lose interest soon. Here are the steps that you can follow to write a fantastic speech.
1. Choose a Good Topic
Out of all the other factors, choosing the right topic for a persuasive speech is the most important factor. Picking up a good persuasive speech topic can be tricky, and you definitely don’t want to choose a topic that is overdone or boring.
It is always a good idea to choose a topic that you have a genuine interest in so that you can do a lot of research for writing your speech.
2. Do the Research
Do thorough research and collect credible information about your topic. Consider all the angles of your topic and think about the different viewpoints. Collect several relevant examples to enhance the credibility of your speech.
3. Analyze Your Audience
Do the audience analysis and know who you are writing a speech for. It will help you write a good speech that persuades your audience.
4. Craft an Outline
Craft a persuasive speech outline, it will help you structure the content of the speech. The typical persuasive speech outline consists of:
5. Write the Introduction
Write a strong introduction to grab the audience’s attention. Include the following components in the introduction:
- Start with a captivating hook statement.
- Give your audience the reason why they should listen to you.
- Write a strong thesis statement that provides the complete message of your speech.
6. Craft the Body paragraphs
The body section is where you present the main points of your speech in detail. Here are the steps that you can follow to organize your body section of your speech:
- State the main idea of your speech.
- Provide examples that support your main idea and the thesis statement. You can also provide your personal experience examples; it will help you enforce your credibility of presenting the topic.
- Transit to the next section of the speech.
7. Write the Conclusion
Write a convincing conclusion to enforce the importance of your speech. Follow the basic elements to write the conclusion:
- Use rhetoric to get your point of view across.
- Summarize all the ideas.
- Provide a call to action.
8. Proofread and Revise your Draft
After writing your speech, read it out loud to check the flow of your information. Do the editing and check if you have followed a proper persuasive speech format. Check the following things while revising the rough draft:
- Add or remove the content, keeping in mind the time limit.
- Check the flow of your information.
- Check if paragraphs are logically connected.
- Correct the format and structure of the speech.
- Correct the sentence structure.
- Proofread your speech for spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Persuasive Speech Examples
Successful persuasive speech samples help a lot in writing a good speech. The speech examples are really helpful for public school and college students.
Here you can get some amazing persuasive speech examples that will make your speech writing process simple and easy.
Persuasive Speech Sample
Persuasive Speech Example
Persuasive Speech Topics
Here are some amazing persuasive speech ideas that you can choose for any public speaking occasion.
- Boys and girls should be taught in separate institutes.
- Genetically modified foods should not be sold in supermarkets.
- Consuming a lot of fast food affects health badly.
- The United States government should ban all cigarette and tobacco products.
- Should interns be paid for their work?
- Exercise is the best way to lose weight.
- We need to take depression seriously.
- Youngsters should take part in community service more often.
- High school students should not be allowed to carry cell phones to school.
- Drug testing on animals needs to be banned.
These topics are perfect for all types of persuasive speeches. So feel free to choose any topic of your choice for any kind of speech.
Hopefully, this ultimate writing guide and examples help you write a great speech. However, if you still need some help with your speech writing process, you can get help from a professional essay writing service.
MyPerfectWords.com is a professional and legit essay writing service that you can rely on to buy speeches at cheap prices. Our expert writers are highly qualified, and they are capable of writing excellent speeches according to your requirements.
You can place your order now and get your high-quality speech written by an expert writer on time.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the two functions of persuasive speeches?
A persuasive speech can be used to stimulate thought, convince the audience of a position or idea and even call for action.
What are the three basic issues of persuasive speeches?
The three major issues that persuasive speeches on political questions need to address are necessity, plan, and practicability.