Best Narrative Essay Topics 2022 for Students
Table of Contents
- Narrative Essay Definition and Types of Essay
- Amazing Narrative Essay Topics
- Narrative Essay Topics for Middle School
- Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 8
- Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 9
- Narrative Essay Topics for O Levels
- Narrative Essay Topics for High School Students
- Narrative Essay Topics for USAT Test
- Narrative Essay Topics for University Students
- Narrative Essay Topics About Technology
- Narrative Essay Topics About Covid-19
- Narrative Essay Topics About Family
- Narrative Essay Topics on Love
- Narrative Essay Topics About Yourself
- Easy Narrative Essay Topics
- Good Narrative Essay Topics
- Personal Narrative Essay Topics
- Interesting Narrative Essay Topics
- Funny Narrative Essay Topics
- Literacy Narrative Essay Topics
- Descriptive Narrative Essay Topics
- Cultural Narrative Essay Topics
- Narrative Essay Topics About Childhood
- Narrative Essay Topics About Personality
- Narrative Argument Essay Topics
- Relationship Narrative Essay Topics
- Narrative Essay Topics About Friendship
- Coming Up With Good Topic Ideas
- Get an Expert Essay Writer
They say a picture is worth a thousand words…!
A narrative essay serves the same purpose. It provides a vivid description of an amazing story that paints a picture in the reader’s mind. But before the hard part starts, you need a good topic to start with.
More often than not, you end up feeling more anxious about choosing the right topic than working on the essay itself.
You want to choose a topic that will engage your reader and make them want to keep reading, but you're not sure where to start.
This blog below does just that. We'll provide a list of 150+ engaging narrative essay topics to help get you started. Plus, we'll give you tips on how to brainstorm and come up with your own unique topic idea.
So let’s get right to it!
Narrative Essay Definition and Types of Essay
The goal of a narrative paper is to engage the reader with your personal experience while making an interesting point. A good story relies on settings, character growth, and dialogue.
The narrative essay takes the reader on an emotional rollercoaster ride with each twist and turns that promises something new.
Moreover, there are five types of narrative essays.
- Viewpoint narrative
- Descriptive narrative
- Linear narrative
- Historical narrative
- Non-linear narrative
Amazing Narrative Essay Topics
A narrative essay is a story written in a way that creates a picture in the reader’s mind. It is a creative piece of writing that requires good imagination.
As the narrative essay presents an amazing and exciting story, so the narrative essay topic should also be unique and exciting.
Here are some great narrative essay topics that you can choose to write your story.
Narrative Essay Topics for Middle School
- A misunderstanding between my parents
- My sister’s birthday bash
- When I realized I’m not a kid anymore
- When I decided to do a part-time job
- Why I never liked my maths teacher
- The toughest decision I had to make
- If I could become a leader for a day
- How a natural disaster affected our country
- Solving a dilemma
- A difficult decision that I had to make
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 5
- My first bicycle ride
- My dad is my hero
- A day with my grandmother
- My first day at school
- My best friend
- My favorite teacher
- A school trip to the zoo
- My grandpa’s hands
- The most exciting day of school
- The best summer vacation
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 6
- A memorable teacher
- My first trip abroad
- A sad story from my childhood
- My favorite vacation with my family
- A fight with my best friend
- My best birthday party
- How we celebrate our parents’ wedding anniversary
- My first day at a new school
- The last Christmas
- How I lost my sister
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Something that scared me the most
- The best day of my life
- Helping a stranger
- How I met my best friend
- My brother’s wedding
- How I got my first pet
- Once I called to the dean's office
- Conflict with my father
- Helping a stranger
- Unique family tradition
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 8
- A school trip to the museum
- My best day at school
- The most exciting day of summer vacations
- How I met my best friend
- The most horrible day at school
- The day I got my first pet
- An hour we spent looking at our childhood album
- My first attempt at cooking
- My first Japanese pastry
- My first foreign friend
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 9
- A visit to the countryside
- How I lost my faith in humanity
- A car accident
- My friend had an accident
- A trip I will never forget
- The most enjoyable Christmas
- A bad experience that completely changed my behavior
- How I used to spent my summer vacations
- My experience of a tornado
- I got lost in the streets of venus.
Narrative Essay Topics for O Levels
- A special moment when I got my first bike
- A disappointing birthday party
- The most embarrassing thing that happened to me.
- A disastrous date
- The moment of success
- Growing up in new york
- A sporting experience
- A random act of kindness
- The first six months of COVID-19
- The end of my relationship
Narrative Essay Topics For High School Students
- A time when you had to overcome a challenge
- A time when you failed at something
- A time when you had to make a difficult decision
- The first time you ever did something new
- A time when you were proud of yourself
- A time when someone disappointed you
- A time when you had to stand up for yourself or someone else
- A time when you made a mistake
- A time when you helped someone
- A time when you learned something new
Narrative Essay Topics For Usat Test
- A time when you had to make a difficult decision
- A time when you faced a significant challenge
- A time when you had to overcome adversity
- A person who has had a significant influence on your life
- A moment that changed your life
- An experience that taught you a valuable lesson
- A time when you had to deal with failure
- A time when you helped someone in need
- An experience that made you appreciate life more
- What you hope to achieve in the future
Narrative Essay Topics for College Students
- The most embarrassing moment of my life
- A moment that completely changed my life
- How I learned to play the guitar
- The most frightening experience I ever had
- The moment I met my special one
- The day I got married
- A day at the amusement park
- When the cherry blossom
- What if I had a time machine
- The eleventh-hour
Narrative Essay Topics for University Students
- The time you won a prize
- Getting lost in the city
- A person who saved your day
- Describe an example of loyalty.
- My sister’s graduation ceremony
- Your last friendship
- Your favorite season and why
- A frustrating situation
- What is your favorite trip?
- Unique family traditions
Narrative Essay Topics About Technology
- The impact of technology on education
- The impact of technology on our social lives
- A day without gadgets.
- How I learned to become tech savvy
- The impact of technology on our health
- The impact of technology on the world
- The impact of technology on our future
- The pros and cons of technology
- Is technology making us stupid?
- What would life be like without technology?
Narrative Essay Topics On Covid-19
- The day I found out about the pandemic
- How my life has changed since the outbreak
- The people I have lost to the virus
- How your business was impacted by the pandemic
- The way the pandemic brought out the best in some people
- The way the pandemic brought out the worst in some people
- The things I am grateful for despite the pandemic
- How the pandemic taught you not to loose Hope
- What the pandemic taught you about love
- A visit to the hospital during the pandemic’s 1st wave
Narrative Essay Topics About Family
- The day my sibling and I stopped being close
- The time I was left home alone and had to fend for myself
- The day I had to take care of my younger siblings
- The day my parent’s divorced
- The time I got lost and my family had to come find me
- That one family vacation we took that was a disaster
- The time I embarrassed myself in front of my family
- Saying the final goodbye to a family member
- A happy memory I have with my family
Narrtaive Essay Topics On Love
- The moment you realized you were in love
- The first time you said "I love you"
- A time when love was not enough
- The hardest part about being in love
- Why love is worth the risk
- What has love taught you
- How has love changed you
- The different forms of love you experienced
- The day I understood the difference between true love and infatuation
- The meaning of love in the 21st century
Narrative Essay Topics About Yourself
- A time when you overcame a fear
- How I learned to love myself for who I am
- The day that marked the turning point in my life
- How I found the strength to face my demons
- The moment I realized that I was capable of anything
- How I overcame the odds and achieved my dreams
- Why it's important to never give up on yourself
- The power of self-belief and determination
- How staying positive can change your life
- Why it's okay to be different and unique
- Why it's important to follow your heart
Easy Narrative Essay Topics
- A random act of kindness
- A weird encounter with a stranger
- A time when people helped each other in crises
- The year when the whole world suffered from a pandemic
- When the lights go off
- A cup of coffee
- My mom was right
- My first ramp walk
- How coronavirus changed people's life
- The moment of success
Good Narrative Essay Topics
- The day I decided I will never cry again
- Breakfast diaries: Eggs and sausages
- It was the hardest decision of my life
- What if I become a superhero
- A day when nothing extraordinary happened
- My worst quarrel with parents
- This breakup cost me a year of life
- Why I’ll never go back to my school again
- The friend zone, none of you would handle
- The superpowers I would like to have
Personal Narrative Essay Topics
- The movie character I associate myself with
- They will never call me a coward again
- My most memorable birthday bash
- How I lied to my parents about my cancer
- The novel that touched me the most
- If I were a magician, I’d be…
- The place I would love to visit again and again
- Why I dropped out of high school
- What if I were born in a different country
- I am an ordinary girl, after all.
Interesting Narrative Essay Topics
- How traveling to the countryside can change your worldview
- Essential things to take with you to the mountains
- The moment I decided not to go to university
- How artificial intelligence helps people?
- Fear on my mind
- Sorry, wrong number
- Cracks in the pavement
- Pants on fire
- How my father taught me to drive
- Searching for fresh air
Funny Narrative Essay Topics
- The time I got lost in the mall
- The time I accidentally set my house on fire
- The time I was chased by a wild animal
- The time I got stuck in an elevator
- The time I won the lottery
- The time I met a celebrity
- The time I was stranded on a deserted island
- The time I was pranked
- The first time I drove a car
- The time I had to give a speech in front of a large audience
Literacy Narrative Essay Topics
- A time when I was grateful to be an only child
- How I feel when my younger siblings look up to me
- When my parents got separated
- That day when I started to feel like I’m growing up
- don't know why, but people treat me differently
- A time when I misjudged someone and felt ashamed
- A weird encounter with my cousin
- A move from one place to another
- A night, truly frightening
- Something funny happened to my boss
Descriptive Narrative Essay Topics
- Describe the moment you learn your biggest lesson.
- Things I do to relieve stress
- Two different versions of the same event
- How can one make the world a better place?
- The house of my dreams
- The best fishing spot
- Special homecoming court moment
- My dad is the most interesting person
- Your first promotion at a job
- Conflict with siblings
Cultural Narrative Essay Topics
- Food traditions in your family
- The most meaningful holiday for you
- What is called pop culture?
- Social-cultural causes of crime
- Why do some people age faster than others?
- Cultural differences in East Asian countries
- Indigenous languages of Mexico
- What made sitcoms popular?
- Middle eastern musical culture
- The ritual culture in the ancestors’ lives
Narrative Essay Topics About Childhood
- Describe your favorite hideaway.
- Your best childhood friend.
- My first day at school
- Why is childhood the best period of life?
- Childhood memories and their influence on me
- Early childhood swimming education and methods
- Your favorite childhood games.
- What I would tell my younger self
- My first birthday
- My first bicycle
Narrative Essay Topics About Personality
- List and discuss your personal superstitions
- The most important principle in life
- Stages of personality development
- Expressing your personality through fashion
- A movie character that best relates your personality to
- Personal professional development for the workplace
- How is your life different from your parent's life?
- How patient can you be?
- Your strong personality
- My personality is my dad’s copy
Narrative Argument Essay Topics
- Describe a tough decision that you had to make.
- Your first high-school dance
- An act of charity you undertook
- Is it okay to eat dessert before dinner?
- A moral choice that you regret
- A shocking incident during a holiday
- The time I got into big trouble
- Is public prayer okay in schools?
- Your first family trip
- A car accident you were in
Relationship Narrative Essay Topics
- Healthy marriage and family relationships
- Starting a relationship
- Who is your family?
- Your first confession
- Social relationships in childhood
- The movie that defines your relationship
- The role of the relationship between friends
- What is your first crush?
- Impact of divorce
- Relationship between Allah and humans
Narrative Essay Topics About Friendship
- Why is friendship a wonderful thing?
- Childhood friendship
- A true friendship
- Honesty and patience in friendship
- Can great friends be found online?
- Tell how your best friend helped you through a difficult time in your life.
- Do your friends know everything about you?
- Value of friendship
- Making a friend on the internet
- Technology's role in close friendship
You can write about anything; all you have to take care of is your story should be interesting and engaging. Good narrative essays are usually about your personal experience. If your topic choice revolves around your real-life experience, it will create a fantastic essay.
Coming Up With Good Topic Ideas
Coming up with good narrative essay topic ideas needs you to think or reflect deeply about your life events. You’ll need to include details about an event or experience that had a significant impact on your life. Therefore, it’s important to pick a topic that could help you focus on a particular moment or on a period of time that was particularly memorable.
Alternatively, you could tell the story of how you changed as a result of an event or experience. Whatever topic you choose, make sure to give your readers a clear picture of what happened and why it mattered to you.
How To Choose A Narrative Essay Topic
While you choose a topic for a narrative essay, you need to be very careful. As you have to tell a story, you must select a topic that is eye-catching and interesting. Unlike a research paper, narrative essays are more personal, so make sure you’re thinking on different lines
Here is how you can choose an exciting topic for your narrative essay:
- Choose a topic:
- Which you are passionately ambitious about
- What interest you the most
- Which you feel the most connected with
- About something which has meaning to you
- Recall the episodes from
- Childhood experience
- School days
- Summer vacations
- Student years
- Happy moments
- Sad moments
- Personal hobbies
- Different events in your life
Before you start writing, make sure you read some narrative essay samples. These Narrative essay examples will help you learn how to organize your thoughts and structure your story. You can get customized essays on the 40 best narrative essay topics that are sure to help you out
Get an Expert Essay Writer
Do you need help writing a narrative essay?
Our narrative essay writers are here to help you with all of your narrative essay writing needs. MyPerfectwords.com is a professional essay writing service that provides top-notch essays for high school and college students. Our qualified essay writers are experts at choosing a good topic and crafting a perfect essay in no time.
Feel free to contact us anytime, as we are available 24/7. Place your order now and get a non-plagiarized essay within a short deadline from our narrative essay writing service now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How are narrative essay topics different from other essay types?
Narrative essay topics are usually based on personal experiences, so they are more emotional and creative than other types of essays. Also, they are often more open-ended, so you have more freedom to choose what to write about.
Where can I find good narrative essay topics?
There are a few ways to find good topics for your narrative essay. You can look through books or magazines for ideas, or search online for inspiration. You can also brainstorm with friends or family members to come up with ideas.
What do I write a narrative essay about?
You can write a narrative essay about anything, but it is usually based on personal experience. Try to recall interesting incidents from your life to develop a narrative about.
Literature, MarketingCaleb S. has been providing writing services for over five years and has a Masters degree from Oxford University. He is an expert in his craft and takes great pride in helping students achieve their academic goals. Caleb is a dedicated professional who always puts his clients first.