Research Proposal - Guide To Craft A Winning Proposal
There are many academic tasks which haunt students.
Assignments involving research stand tall amongst such tasks.
For research proposals, a critical approach is key to sail through the storm.
If you deliver an ordinary proposal, it is highly likely to get a low score, if not altogether rejected.
This guide offers a comprehensive outlook of the steps required to produce a stunning research proposal.
Table of Contents
- 1. Research proposal
- 2. How to Write a Research proposal?
- 2.1 Writing Research Proposal Sections
- 2.2 Outline
- 2.3 Introduction
- 2.4 Background and Significance
- 2.5 Literature Review
- 2.6 Research Design and Methods
- 2.7 Hypothesis and Discussion
- 2.8 Conclusion
- 2.9 Citations
- 3. Research Proposal Example
1. Research Proposal
What is the purpose of a research proposal?
To get the research project approved and begin working on it!
You should be familiar with this general explanation.
In order to write impressive research proposals, in-depth knowledge is necessary.
Examples, structure, methodology, literature review!
Several key ingredients shape professional research proposals.
1.1 What is a Research Proposal
A research proposal aims at justifying the need for studying a research problem and further exploring practical solutions.
Extensive literature reviews play an instrumental role to construct a classic research proposal.
You need to persuade the audience.
Convince the reader that a dire need exists for the suggested study.
Make no mistake!
A flawed solution may push your research proposal towards garbage.
1.2 Writing a Research Proposal
Do you understand how to write a research proposal?
Research proposals strive to polish extensive research skills, hone critical thinking and nourish compelling argument.
Get the basic idea from the following points:
- Establish your skills in designing and thinking about a comprehensive research study.
- Conduct an excellent review of the literature to ensure you are working on something worthy.
- Enhance your general writing and research skills.
- Practice locating logical steps which must be taken to attain goals.
- Critically review, examine and consider using several methods for collection of data.
- Afterwards, analyze the data to address the research problem.
- Nourish a sense of belief within a person to become a proactive participant of the scholarly research process.
Writing a research proposal is the first step of a successful research paper. Here is a detailed guide that will help you write a research paper.
2. How To Write a Research Proposal
Regardless of the research topics, key questions need to be answered in each research proposal.
Have a look at the following questions and memorize them to use in the proposals.
1. What do you plan on accomplishing?
Be clear and brief while defining the research problem. Specify what you'll propose to research.
2. Why you are doing it?
This sounds like an ordinary question but matters the most in research proposals. Before you begin, ask yourself why are you writing it?
It will direct you to conduct a thorough review of the literature and offer convincing evidence that the topic is worth studying.
3. How will you accomplish it?
Can you suggest a solution for blocking the sunlight from entering the earth?
Never make the mistake to propose a solution which is not feasible.
2.1 Writing Research Proposal Sections
As is the case with academic papers, research proposal sections are also defined and organized.
The length of the paper varies between 20 and 25 pages in length.
Make sure to have a clear picture of what is to be done. Consult the professor or assigned supervisor to clarify ambiguities before beginning the research proposal.
Your research proposal must include the following parts:
- Background and Significance
- Literature Review
- Research Design and Methods
- Preliminary Suppositions and Implications
In every paper, the outline is the key.
The organization can only be ensured through a structured outline.
Let us have an in-depth look at the outline to be followed while writing a research paper proposal.
In higher education, research proposals are published by scholars to seek funds for a research project.
If you are a student, consider the introduction as a pitch of the research problem.
Make the reader understand your passion!
Written in 1-3 paragraphs, the introduction should address these elements:
- Discuss the primary research problem.
- Share the topic under study related to the problem.
- Highlight the methodology used to assess the research problem.
- Add Significance and importance of the research.
2.4 Background and Significance
This section offers you a choice.
Either merge it with the introduction or make a separate one.
Here, you have to strike the reader in true letter and spirit.
Highlight why the research is significant and try not to make it an essay.
Though there are no hard and fast rules, we've crafted a brief checklist for you:
- State the problem and offer a detailed explanation.
- Mention the rationale of the study and indicate why it is worth pursuing.
- Pinpoint the key issues addressed by the research.
- Explain the methodology to complete the research. One of the best practices is mentioning the sources you plan on using.
- Clearly define the boundaries of the research. Don't hesitate. It will strengthen your proposal by kicking a clear focus.
- If appropriate, write definitions of key terms or concepts for easing the readers.
2.5 Literature Review
A doctor can never proceed with a patient without knowing their history.
Same is the case with the research proposal.
A comprehensive literature review instills energy in your paper and offers you keen insights.
What research questions are raised by others?
What were the methods used by them?
What is your understanding and their recommendations?
Don't be afraid to challenge the findings of others but make sure that you have challenged their results with substantial and relevant information.
As the literature review is replete with information, structure this section intelligently.
Have a look at the 5 C's which make and break a literature review:
2.6 Research Design and Methods
You need to convince the readers with solid proofs and backing information.
Explain to them why your research design and methodology is perfect.
The research design and methodology are tightly knitted with the aim of the research.
Always be specific.
Playing around with multiple methodologies creates confusion in the readers' mind.
Pursue these tips and you'll rock the research paper, for additional help, seeking a trustworthy essay writing service will help you succeed in your task.
2.7 Hypothesis and Discussion
If you're not conducting it, does not mean you cannot predict and analyze results.
Hypothesis highlights the implications of the study as per the researcher's view.
Refine, extend and revise the research in this section.
What is the significance of the discussion?
It offers you room to share ideas in detail.
Substantive, methodological and theoretical framework are generally highlighted in the discussion.
Because the section includes complex information and stats, students often commit a mistake in this section.
They delve into idle opinion speculation or unclear evidence, which make their paper delusional and disorganized.
Never resort to share immature ideas or concepts that you are not sure about.
Stick to the purpose of refining the research by making the reader understand in detail.
The conclusion is a brief summary of the entire study.
Dedicate most of the conclusion of your research study to future implications.
How will it benefit other scholars?
Make it valuable, informative and interesting.
A standard research proposal takes 2 kinds of citations: reference and bibliography.
You must accredit those whose work was used for getting help.
Keep a strict check on research ethics.
3. Research Proposal Example
Now that you've understood the fundamentals of a research proposal, let's have a look at a research proposal example.
Moreover, We've crafted a detailed template for you to understand how critical research proposals are written.
For further help and clarity, contact MyPerfectWordsand get high quality help. You can buy well-written yet cheap research papers written by our expert writers.