Research Paper Topics - 100+ Impressive Ideas
Got the task of writing a research paper?
Not sure which topic to pick or the process of finding a good research paper topic?
Do not lose hope yet, as we have got you covered.
Learn all the necessary details of how to easily find or select the topic to write your paper along with hundred and fifty plus ideas, which will surely help you get going.
Looking for research paper topics?
This is one of the most tiring and confusing tasks and you just cannot ignore the instructions and come up with anything for the sake of getting done with your work.
There are some special techniques and tricks you have to follow in order to pick the right impressive research paper topic.
The very first phase of writing a research paper is finding a good topic.
The definition of a good idea or topic can be different for you and your instructor.
So, make sure that you follow the definition of your instructor because, at the end of the day, it is him/ her who will be deciding your grade.
On the other hand, if you want to go ahead according to your definition of a good topic, then you better prove it to your instructor as well.
Otherwise, you'll be facing great loss.
Most of the time, the instructors provide the research paper topics to the students so they can check the expertise of all the students at the same level.
While, at other times, instructors try to analyze the great research skills and capabilities of the students by providing them with the freedom of coming up with the topic of their choice.
So, if your instructor has given you the freedom, then be prepared to impress him/her. It would be better to avoid controversial topics for research papers if you are not confident about justifying them.
It would be better to avoid controversial topics for research papers, if you are not confident about justifying them.
And of course, we'll be really happy to assist you in your efforts, just continue exploring and you will get plenty of tips and topic ideas.
1. Finding Good Topics for a Research Paper
Getting back to finding good topics for a research paper, finding an impressive topic can be difficult and challenging for anyone, especially if they are doing the research paper for the first time.
Besides, considering that writing is already a tiring task for the students, coming up with impactful research paper topics to impress their teacher may cause them even more stress.
The research paper topics for high school level students can sometimes be used by the college students as well but generally, it is advised that you choose the topic according to your class and subject.
Focus on following steps while selecting your research paper topic and I can assure that you'll never be lost in your search.
1.1 Background Research
Detailed background research will identify and describe the history of the well-defined research problem. Relevant research on the chosen topic will help to develop your essay. Moreover, it will also change the direction in more appropriate ways.
A writer can undertake this task by studying the existing literature and indicate the root of the problem.
The very first step in any kind of writing process is brainstorming about the topic as you cannot get started without exploring your interests and intentions.
In case of writing something for the academic requirement, it is more than necessary to ponder the subject requirement and the preference of the instructor as well.
While brainstorming the research paper topic, do not try to just settle on the easiest looking or easily available topic. Try to explore your interest as it is the key to making the work easier, interesting and impressive as well.
1.3 Look for Relevant Information
Once you are done with the topic of your interest, the second step is to look for enough data and information available on the internet.
Do not assume that you can write your term papers about the topic of your choice just from the information that is already in your head.
The information in your head is also valuable as it is the topic of your interests, still, you need to consult the scholarly sources like books and peer-reviewed articles to keep the facts straight and referable.
1.4 Use Keywords
Unable to come up with some interesting research paper topic?
Nothing particular is catching your attention?
Then think about some keywords related to your subject
Keywords can guide you towards selecting your topic.
For example, the keyword violence can provide you with a number of choices, which includes gun violence, domestic violence and other topics related to abuse.
Try to come up with a keyword and reach the best-suited essay topic according to your subject and preference.
1.5 Keep Your Audience in Mind
Another important step towards selecting your research paper topic is keeping your audience in mind.
You strictly need to comply with the preference of your instructor as your whole effort can go down the drain if he/ she does not approve the topic of your choice.
1.6 Define your Thesis Statement
Thesis statement of your research topic should be intriguing enough to motivate your audience to explore the rest of the paper.
1.7 Specific Class
One of the most important things is to keep the subject matter in mind, before finally starting work on the topic of your choice as you cannot talk about the glass ceiling effect in the paper of nursing and healthcare.
2. Research Paper Topics
Here are some of the interesting and compelling research paper topics ideas, according to different fields and styles.
You can easily go through them and pick any of your interests and requirements for your research paper.
- Unborn victims of violence.
- How to protect abortion clinics and the rights to protest?
- Partial-birth abortion.
- Can abortion be viewed as murder?
- Is it right for abortion clinics to profit from terminating pregnancies?
- Adverse psychological effects on families that decided to do an abortion.
- Abortion as an ethical problem.
- Correlation between religion and abortion.
- The number of abortions may affect the birth rate.
- Prohibition of abortion may have dreadful consequences.
- Foster care.
- Special children.
- Cross-cultural adoption.
- Psychological issues in adoption.
- Same-sex couple adopting.
- Adult adoption.
- Positive and negative aspects of DNA profiling.
- Discuss the problems after adopting a child.
- Open adoption is the biggest lie. Discuss.
- Should adopted children be allowed to contact their real parents?
- Differences in the Italian Renaissance and Northern Renaissance
- Impacts famous artists had on the world.
- The art of Ancient Egypt.
- Art therapy.
- Is photography an art?
- Bauhaus Movement.
- Censorship in art.
- Digital art and its rise.
- Hollywood vs. Bollywood.
- Fine art vs. Folk art.
- Difference between development and growth.
- Why do illiterate people believe in black magic?
- Anthropology and political organization.
- Heroes in our society.
- Art and anthropology.
- Feminism and the women’s suffrage movement.
- Race and the causes of racism.
- Beliefs in magic and the supernatural.
- Differences in death rituals.
- Different “ranks” in society (peasants, royalty, etc.)
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Who is to blame for homelessness?
- What should the ideal age for alcohol consumption be?
- Curfews for young adults.
- The minimum wage in the United States.
- Money itself isn't the cause of evil but how you choose to use it.
- The death sentence should be activated in every country of the world.
- Smoking in public places has to be banned.
- Should court proceedings be documented for television?
- The most suitable age to have a right to vote.
- Pros and cons of globalisation.
- How to build positive relationships between employees.
- Workforce rules and regulations.
- Corporate abuse.
- Corporate law.
- Can different generations work in the same place?
- How to ensure workplace safety?
- Small business innovations.
- Family-owned business.
- Women in business.
- Depression in the workplace.
- Punishment for bullying.
- Cyberbullying and how to stop it.
- Cyberbullying vs. face-to-face bullying.
- Should laws be enforced to stop bullying?
- Can bullying be a cause for murder?
- What should school authorities do to fight to bully?
- Workplace bullying.
- What does it feel like to be bullied?
- Do bullies specifically choose their targets in school?
- Do people abandon unwanted behaviour when they graduate school?
- How has feminism changed over the years?
- Has the "Black Lives Matter" movement reduced racism in the United States?
- Are we moving towards world war 3?
- Has China decided to tackle its pollution problem?
- India: A poor nation or a superpower?
- Is the U.S. economy becoming stronger or weaker?
- How important is it to reduce the Federal budget deficit?
- How can police departments minimize the danger to officers from shooters?
- How can Chicago reduce the amount of violence and murders in the city?
- Should it be easier for people to become United States citizens?
Crime and law
- Should the police use body cameras?
- White-collar crime.
- Penalties for DUI (Drinking Under the Influence) should be made stricter.
- Animal rights.
- Hate crimes.
- Sexual harassment.
- Police brutality.
- Assisted suicide.
- Serial killers.
- Domestic violence
- Copyright laws.
- Spotify and related apps.
- Should media producers occasionally send notices to students who violate their copyrights?
- Understanding patent and copyright law
- The influence of copyright law on the music industry
- What are some of the resources of plagiarism?
- The education copyright law
- The effect of piracy website blocking
- Copyright enforcement in the digital age
- The true cost of the copyright industry.
College Research Paper Topics
- IELTS vs. TOEFL.
- College admission policies and criteria.
- How to plan for paying college tuition.
- ACT or SAT.
- Distance learning.
- Impacts of China's one-child policy?
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- Effect of the No Child Left Behind act
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
- Body shaming.
- Pros and cons of plastic surgery.
- Cosmetic surgery and its cost.
- Weight loss surgery.
- Age restriction on cosmetic surgery.
- Addiction to plastic/cosmetic surgery.
- Reasons why people undergo plastic surgery
- Is cosmetic surgery a sign of weakness?
- Cultural influences of body image
- The Risks of Cosmetic Surgery
- Evolution of rap music.
- Nationalism and culture.
- Does religion influence culture and to what extent?
- Death in different cultures.
- Culture of my community.
- Gender roles in different cultures.
- History of cultural revolutions
- 10 most prominent cultural events of the 20th century
- Interracial Relationships
- Mentoring Minorities
- Open Source software and their importance.
- SEO basics.
- Is Mac safer than windows?
- Is Artificial Intelligence the right thing to do?
- Neuron networks and machine learning.
- Big data analysis.
- Computer assistance in support services.
- Database architecture and management.
- Human-computer interactions.
- Consequences of substance abuse.
- Punishment or treatment.
- Are our rehabilitation centers effective?
- Drugs and sports.
- What are the best approaches to ending drug addiction?
- Drug addiction contributes to rising crime rates
- A comparative analysis of drug addiction in the first world and third world countries.
- Drug addiction and rehabilitation.
- How drug addiction contributes to marriage breakups?
- Effects of drug addiction on youth
- Should American students take a gap year between school and college?
- Education and funding.
- Standardized tests.
- Do college graduates make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children.
- Social networking and school.
- The role of technology in lesson planning
- Balanced vs. Unbalanced growth.
- How to improve the quality of life in developing countries?
- Multinational companies and host companies.
- Income inequality.
- Property rights and externalities
- Standards versus taxes
- Private and public finance
- Economics and culture influence
- Immigration and impacts to the economy
- Global warming and its seriousness.
- Endangered species.
- Acid rain.
- Greenhouse effect.
- Recycling programs.
- Noise pollution.
- Usage of coal.
- Climate Adaptation and Sustainability.
- Arid Lands.
- Did the divorce rate change over time and how?
- Physician-assisted suicide, should it be legal?
- How to reduce human trafficking?
- Is organ donation in exchange for money ethical?
- Does moral behaviour lead to happiness?
- Why do many people pursue hedonistic lifestyles?
- Would you kill a person for mercy?
- Do the rich deserve to have what they have?
- Why don't people help strangers in the streets?
- Is it necessary for a politician to strive for power?
- Unicorns and their possibility.
- Pop art and lady gaga.
- The art of erasing bad memories and only remembering good ones.
- Can chicken feather determine the speed of tornados?
- Harry Potter and the world of wizards.
- Do You Love Using Your Surname?
- Why Do Most People Love Watching Funny Animal Videos?
- Do You Know What Your Pet Dog Is Thinking?
- All Men Know How To Pick The Right Clothes.
- School Dropouts Are The Best In Our Society.
- Fast-food culture.
- Should there be a minimum weight limit for models?
- School lunches.
- Should steroids be legalized?
- Should indoor smoking be banned by the government?
- Climate change.
- Deafness and other communication disorders.
- Eye disease, vision health and blindness.
- Global health security.
- Household air pollution.
History Research Paper Topics
- Cause of the decline of the Mughal dynasty.
- How did the Roman Empire fall?
- Affects Julius Caesar have on Rome
- How did Genghis Khan conquer Persia?
- Use of Weapons in Ancient Civilizations.
- Bridal Ceremonies in Ancient Rome.
- Social Relationships in Medieval Europe.
- Apartheid Impact
- South America Colonization
- Gender bias in England of the 17th century
Literary Research Paper Topics
- Similarities and differences between Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
- Do you believe that Dickens failed after turning to serious and romantic novels?
- Examine controversies associated with Shakespeare.
- Literature as an instrument of propaganda
- The American Dream in literature
- Religion and literature
- The works of Hemingway
- Why did “Harry Potter” become so popular?
- Artificial languages in literature
- Mythology as literature
Media and Communication
- Media bias.
- Children's advertising.
- Reality TV.
- Freedom of speech.
- Political correctness.
- Significance of media in war against crimes.
- Democracy and freedom & rights of expression.
- Media and religion.
- History of film.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Criminal psychology.
- Child abuse.
- The relation between obesity and watching TV.
- Psychological reasons for mental stress.
- A link between mental health and child obesity
- Are later mental health issues related to childhood trauma?
- Divorce – the influence on children
Explore this link if you need more psychology research topics.
- Role of American Idol and X-factor in finding talent.
- How did YouTube change popular culture?.
- Sexism in Hollywood.
- Marvel vs. DC.
- What actually makes pop culture popular?
- Is pop culture good or bad for society?
- Can pop culture disrupt moral values?
- Why can pop culture be harmful?
- Positive impacts of pop culture on youth
- The conflict of religions in pop culture
- Popular new age religions.
- Do some religions oppress religions?
- Freedom of religion.
- Homosexuality and Religion.
- Modernism and Religion.
- Christianity and Economics.
- Church and Social Action.
- Church Sex Abuse Scandal.
- Religion in the Workplace
- World religions and science
Social Issues/ Sociological Research Paper Topics
- Gun laws.
- Hate crime.
- Identity theft.
- Interracial marriage.
- Airline safety.
- Impacts of social media on youth.
- Sociology of Food.
- Youth Cultures.
- Class Conflict and Inequalities.
- Instant messaging affects literacy.
- Violent video games are the reason for juvenile delinquency.
- How to ensure teenagers stop smoking?
- English literature: Is it relevant for modern teens?
- Eating disorders.
- Teenagers and Dating Violence.
- Teenage Suicide.
- How to prevent teen pregnancy?
- The role of social media among young people
- Self-esteem of teenagers
- Shortage of natural resources.
- Global warming and climate change.
- Water contamination and Shortage.
- Violence and Conflict Resolution.
- World Trade and Tourism.
- Corruption in Governance Systems.
- Exploration of Space
- Migration and Urban Population
- Wild Animals Endangered Species
Here are some more research paper topics you can choose from. Still, thinking about how to get done with an impressive research paper? Talk to our writers at MyPerfectWords and let us help you with it. Contact us today for professional essay writing services.