How To Write A Conclusion - A Step By Step Guide
If you are facing a problem with how to write a conclusion, it is understandable because coming up with an impressive concluding paragraph is quite challenging.
Students wonder why they get poor grades even after submitting a well-structured paper. But they do not pay attention to the fact that the reason behind this is because the paper maybe is not giving a sense of completeness.
So, it is important to know the right techniques and make sure the ending of an essay is worth remembering.
Writing a great conclusion may seem a difficult task, but it is easier to put together if you plan ahead.
Keep on reading to find out a step by step guide on how to write a good conclusion.
1. How To Write A Conclusion
The last paragraph in essay writing where you summarize all the important points and restate your thesis statement introduced in the first paragraph. Conclusion are basically used to wrap up the whole information discussed in the paper. After moving from the introduction and body paragraphs to the conclusion, make sure it pulls back to the main points of your argument. Here is how you can start and end a conclusion flawlessly.
1.1 How To Start A Conclusion
Keep in mind the following points and learn how to write the final paragraph effectively.
- One of the most useful techniques for conclusion starters is to use framing. It implies stating only one idea in the introduction and then coming back to the idea at the end of the paper.
- Another impressive way to start a concluding paragraph is to state the importance of your argument. This principle can be applied to other types of research papers as well.
- The key to the impressive closing sentence is to stay simple and avoid using complicated terms so that the reader can easily understand and comprehend the ending.
1.2 How To End A Conclusion
Starting a conclusion is only half of the deal, you also have to pay attention to its finishing to make a solid impression on the reader. Always end with a positive note and give your reader something to think about after reading your paper.
- A good way to end your conclusion is to think if the reader has asked you the ‘so what' question. In this way, you can come up with ideas to convince the reader so that they should care about your argument.
- Look for the themes you have introduced in the first paragraph to get a good sense of closure by going back to the theme you started with. For example, if you start an essay with a scenario, you can end with the same scenario as proof that your essay is helpful in creating a new understanding. The purpose of this is to bring the reader full circle.
- Another good way is to extend the discussion to a different context. It will help the readers to apply the arguments that you made to another topic.
2. Conclusion Paragraph Outline
Writing an essay introduction and body paragraphs is a great accomplishment. But don't forget you have to pay equal attention to the concluding paragraph as well.
If you are done writing an impressive introductory paragraph, you can write something similar to conclude an essay. Generally, the conclusion paragraph outline looks something like this:
Also known as a conclusion starter, used to once again and for the last time rephrasing the thesis statement.
In this section, summarize the main arguments discussed in the body paragraphs of the essay. In addition to that, explains how the ideas fit together.
The final words of the essay that should connect back to the main idea discussed in the introductory paragraph. The last sentence should provide a sense of completeness by clearly making a final point.
3. Useful Tips On Writing A Conclusion
For writing an effective conclusion, keep in mind the following tips to know what it takes for writing a perfect ending. These tips will help you check the conclusion and other parts of essays if they meet the specific recommendations or not.
- The conclusion paragraph is not just about restating the facts you mentioned earlier. If you want to effectively summarize the key points, do not simply repeat things. Try to use new words and phrases to get your idea on the paper.
- At this point in writing, get the focus of your writing a bit broader to show the bigger purpose of your essay.
- Avoid adding new ideas and information, simply present the key points mentioned in the body paragraphs. Keep in mind that this is the point to summarize the already discussed information not to introduce the new one. Introducing a new idea or subtopic in the concluding paragraph will confuse the reader.
- Show the impact of argument and facts on everyday life to show the readers its effects and the possible solution in a concise manner.
- Keep the conclusion paragraph simple and clear. One paragraph length is enough for various types of essays. Unless you are writing an extended essay of above 3000 words.
4. Essay Conclusion Examples
The best way to learn more about the techniques for writing an effective conclusion is to look at conclusion paragraph examples by professional writers. Here you can find some useful examples to understand the whole process better.
Essay Conclusion Examples
Do not copy the examples as it is in your assignment otherwise you will have to face the consequences of plagiarism.
If you are struggling to write an effective essay conclusion and need a bit of extra help. It is better to go for professional assistance by contacting us at MyPerfectWords to get high-quality academic help at ease.
Our experienced team of professional writers are capable of even completing the trickiest tasks and solve your writing problems in the shortest duration. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and let us create an impressive paper for you. Place your order now!