If you are going to write an essay and especially if it is expository essay. Then you have to spend your valuable time hitting books. Writing an expository essay is a more different and difficult task as compared to other types of essays. Such as compare and contrast essays. The idea here is to explain the situation and demonstrate how the process will work.
The expository essay cannot be avoided in an academic career. In fact, professors and teachers include expository essay in courses to asset students especially in the courses of college level. College Students practice and help themselves succeed in writing these kinds of essays before submitting their college paper.
Students can represent and demonstrate what they have learned when teachers are integrating writing in the curriculum.
1. How To Write An Expository Essay?
If you have a topic, the first thing that you need to do is to define the structure of your essay.
Those who have written essays before will know that the structure of expository essay is somehow similar to other essay types.
The essay outline is very important. It starts with a part of the introduction, a thesis statement, body section and it ends with a conclusion.
It needs to be well organized and written in a way that makes sense. You can explore our step by step guide to write an expository essay.
2. Key Feature of Expository Essay Topics
The main objective is to demonstrate a selected topic in a way that makes sense and logic. Because a good topic name will help you to express your point of view. The topic name must contain signal words that shows some action.
Expository essay topics are considered good that starts with the words ”Define”, “Explain”, “Describe”. These specific words show the aim of the text you are going to write.
3. Expository Essay Topics
To write a good essay, you need to start with an outstanding topic. And for that you must spend some time exploring some great topic ideas.
Following are the good essay topics to help you get started. This list will surely help you to make a choice of a topic for expository essay.
3.1 High School
- What is an acceptable level of sadness?
- Can dogs smell fear?
- It is important to read the book before watching the movie?
- Do aliens exist?
- Do people really change with time?
- How big is the universe?
- How can we develop our imagination?
- How one can measure happiness?
- Consequences of having a job while in high school.
- Homework is important? Explain Why.
- Positive and negative effect of the internet
- Why teaching is considered a noble profession?
- Steps to saving the planet.
- Benefits of learning foreign languages.
- List of things to make people happy.
- How to deal with financial problems.
- How to admire a Particular person?
- Describe the advancement in communication over the last 20 years
3.3 Social Issues
- Why do children lie?
- Difference between fat and overweight.
- Why do people commit suicide.
- Causes of global warming.
- What is wrong with our species.
- How to take care of yourself?
- Are we money hungry?
- How to talk to mentally exhausted people?
- What is the connection between being hungry and being lonely?
- Cost of living on the moon.
- Hobbies for teenagers to avoid.
- What do you think about double standards?
- gender inequality at work
- Reasons for the rise in teenage pregnancy rate.
- Consequences of dropping out of college.
- Tolerance in a workplace is crucial, Why?
- Effects of not voting in the elections.
3.4 Science and Technology
- Why people need to continue space exploration?
- Latest developments in the study of human brain.
- Why basic knowledge of IT is important nowadays.
- Discuss how to cure cold fast.
- Recent study about black holes.
- Explain the reasons for environmental pollution.
- Define the popular alternative sources of energy.
- Latest developments in the study to cure cancer.
- Reasons people must use solar energy.
- Discuss the long-term effects of global warming.
3.5 Medicine and Mental Health
- Discuss the importance of mental health
- What makes a good psychotherapist?
- Difference between psychology, psychotherapy, and psychiatry?
- Is bibliophobia considered as a mental disorder?
- Causes of entomophobia.
- Can one treat mental disorders oneself?
- Factors that contribute to depression
- How to avoid depression?
- What are the types of schizophrenia?
- Art practices in treating mental disorders.
- Psychological causes of xenophobia.
- How does the reciprocity law work?
- Are heroic people mentally healthy?
- Discuss the stages of personality development.
- Why do people forget things?
- How does IQ score reflects the mental capacity of a person?
- Discuss memory work in a human brain.
- How to recognize the early manifestations of OCD?
- Differences between the right and left halves of the brain.
3.6 Personal Experiences
- How was your first day at School.
- Describe your favorite vacation place.
- Describe your first work experience and what knowledge you gained during it.
- Explain how growing up with a sibling influenced your personality.
- Describe living a life with a pet.
- Define the meaning of true friendship.
- Describe your favourite hobby.
- Explain how your favorite teacher helped you become a better person.
- Explain the effects of music on your life.
- Explain the consequences of the World War II.
- Discuss the dangers of military activities in the Eastern Asia.
- Define the precursors of Civil War.
- Define the significance of technical progress in the US history.
- Effect of newspaper invention.
- Describe the period of the Great Depression in the United States.
- Discuss the key aspects of the political activity of John's Kennedy.
- Importance of negotiations during military operations.
- Explain why some countries implement Communism.
Once you have selected the topic, it's time to start writing your essay. Keep in mind that writing only a draft does not mean that you have written an effective essay. Even if you have a genius IQ level.
4. Expository Essay Sample
Below you can find a sample of an expository essay. Have a look on it and do not copy the work as it is just for informative purposes only.
Get Professional Help
Still confused? Then don't worry.
We at MyPerfectWords provide excellent writing services. We can assist you in writing your academic papers and give an effective answer to your request of “write my essay”.