Did you get assigned another one of those essays to write?
Have you been struggling to choose a perfect topic to write an essay on?
Mostly a teacher assigns the topic making it easier on the students.
However, to help students like you we have curated around 100 different types of essay topics.
These essay topic ideas will help you impress your teacher and get a better score.
1. How to Choose Essay Topics
Below is a list of pointers that should always be considered before selecting a topic to write on.
- The subject you got assigned the essay for?
- The essay type is assigned, whether you need an argumentative topic or descriptive?
- What does it take to impress your teacher?
- What kind of things does your teacher like to see in the paper?
Now, these are the questions that you need to ask yourself when choosing a topic to write on.
These questions are in regards to the teacher, there are certain things that you need to ask from your own perspective:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What triggers your creativity, the most?
- Is there enough research material available?
- What topics and essay forms do you like personally?
1.1 Good Essay Topics
- Below are a few good ideas to help you get started.
- Does the fashion industry need to change the way they advertise?
- Do beauty pageants carry any benefits for women?
- Should women get plastic surgery?
- What instigated World War 2?
- What do people mean when they say “Fake news?”
- Can constant use of drugs cause brain damage?
- What are the Cons of Social Media?
- What causes the addiction of junk food and how to combat it?
- Obesity: Main Causes and Remedial Steps.
- Anorexia: Role of Modern Media in Instigating Anorexia in Youth.
- Is technology turning people into zombies?
- Is censorship on the internet necessary?
- Will there be a 3rd World War?
- Every student should have the right to pick the discipline they are interested in. Discuss.
- Can gun control help in regulating crime?
- What does it take to become a politician?
- Thoughts on same sex-marriage. Should they be legalized?
- Should there be a restriction on the sales and production of tobacco.
- Aftermath of Tsunami.
- Which countries have the most corruption?
These are just a few general topics that will help you understand that there are many roads and directions that you can take.
Let's move on to some of the important essay types and their respective topics.
2. Argumentative Essay Topics
If you want to represent two sides of an issue via an argument, then such an essay is called an argumentative essay.
If you choose to write an argumentative paper, you will need an idea of what the topics can be like.
Below are a few argumentative essay topics to help you get an idea:
- Education should be made free for everyone.
- Why is Obesity growing in the United States?
- Internet access to the students should be limited.
- Measures to help teenagers maintain a healthy weight.
- Need for physical education for college students..
- Relationship between fitness and diet.
- Is golf still a popular sport?
- Sports players on steroids should be banned.
- Sales and production of tobacco should be made illegal.
- Regulation of alcohol usage.
We have a detailed list of some more argumentative essay topics for your help.
3. Persuasive Essay Topics
When it comes to persuasive essay, it is also somewhat similar to an argumentative essay.
The idea is to persuade the reader into believing your viewpoint. Such kind of an essay also helps in self-expression. You can strengthen your point even further with real life experiences.
Below are some good persuasive essay topics that you can choose from or take an idea from.
- Contemporary exams do not match the student's ability.
- Soda should not be given to children in restaurants.
- Women should be allowed to breastfeed in public.
- The internet was created to bring a change.
- Parents should be responsible when it comes to providing their children with a healthy diet.
- Churches should pay taxes too.
- The drinking age should be raised.
- Sex orientation is determined when a child is young.
- Same-sex marriages should be made legal all around the world.
- Illegal immigrants should not be sent to jail.
4. Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
The main purpose of a compare and contrast essay is to examine the similarities or differences between the two diverse subjects.
- College versus middle school.
- Unemployed students versus students who work.
- Washington versus Lincoln.
- Burger versus pizza.
- English versus Math.
- Movies versus Television shows.
- Comparison between an apple and orange.
- Coke or Pepsi.
- The sun or the moon.
- Popcorn or Nachos.
- Teenage versus adulthood.
- Camping out or crashing at a motel.
- Comparison between cats and dogs.
- Difference between homework and class assignments.
- Pros and cons of travelling alone.
- Are public schools better than private schools?
- Homeschooling versus attending an actual school.
- Difference between exams in colleges and schools.
- Difference between driving a bike and a car.
- Essay writing versus blog writing.
If you need more topics, here are some interesting compare and contrast essay topics.
5. Informative Essay Topics
The idea is to pay attention to the meaning of a topic and explain it in great detail. This kind of essays help the writer to inform the reader in-depth.
- Different methods to mow the lawn.
- Ways to deal with insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
- Ways to help you get rid of bad habits.
- Things that you need to throw an excellent party.
- Tricks that can help you find a nice roommate in college.
- Methods that are used by professionals to get their dream job.
- The ways to deal with on-campus violence.
- The reasons behind homelessness.
- The reasons behind high unemployment rates.
- The aftermath of earthquakes.
6. Expository Essay Topics
This kind of essay is the one that helps the student reflect and investigate a particular idea.
- A social issue that has impacted our society drastically.
- Why do women choose to continue an abusive relationship?
- The instances where people face gender inequality in the workplace.
- How do you deal with the double standards and inequality in the workplace?
- How do people become racist without being unaware?
- Which religion will you introduce to your children?
- What materials can be used in building a sustainable structure?
- If you could create a cure for one disease, what would it be?
- Which country will you visit repeatedly and the reason behind it?
- How does pop music impact our way of our life?
7. Narrative Essay Topics
An essay in which the writer is telling a story is known as a narrative essay.
When it comes to narrative essays, they are often told from a defined point of view. The writer will use attention-grabbing terms to get the reader involved.
- Memories from your first day of school.
- The day when you got your dog.
- Your favorite movie and why?
- Memories from the day the power was out.
- A day at the amusement park.
- A sad experience with someone you care about.
- The day you experienced a historic event.
- An act of kindness.
- A time when you got lost in a mall.
- Your most disappointing birthday.
8. Research Essay Topics
A research essay is the kind of an essay that is based solely on research and is written in somewhat of a research paper format.
- Assisted Suicide.
- Global Warming.
- Glass Ceiling effect.
- Drinking age.
- Violence on campus.
- Gun control.
- Hate crimes.
- Patriotic acts.
We are done, I hope all these essay topics helped you with your next paper, or at least gave you a headstart. If you want to study about different types of essays in detail, here is a detailed guide on types of essays with definitions and topics.
If you need further help crafting an essay on any of these topics, you can contact the professional writers at MyPerfectWords. Avail high quality academic writing services and buy cheap essays without breaking your bank.