Compelling & Interesting Analytical Essay Topics
Writing a good analytical essay depends on several important elements. These elements include an interesting topic, a strong outline, and compelling reasoning for the main stance.
An analytical essay is an academic writing that analyzes, evaluates, and interprets a piece of work. An analytical essay can be drafted for any type of work including literature as well as for a movie.
The analytical essay is often assigned to high school and college students. Apart from other challenges faced during the writing process, choosing the right topic is the most common problem of all students.
Continue reading the article to choose the best topic for your analytical essay.
- How to choose an analytical essay topic?
- Analytical essay topic ideas
- Analytical essay topics for high school
- Analytical essay topics for college
- Social analytical essay topics
- Educational analytical essay topics
- Analytical essay topics on health
- Funny analytical essay topics
- Best analytical essay topics
- Critical analytical essay topics
- Analytical essay outline
How To Choose An Analytical Essay Topic?
It is essential to know the importance of a good topic when learning how to write an analytical essay. The writing process of an analytical essay is greatly influenced by the topic chosen.
Selecting a strong topic is mandatory for all analytical essay types including literary essays and a critical essay.
A good topic is an element that motivates the audience to read the entire essay with interest. Although, coming up with the right topic for your essay can be extremely challenging. It is time taking and requires clarity of the content that is provided further in the essay.
Follow the tips to help you obtain the right topic for your analytical essay:
- Define your objectives and aims before choosing a topic.
- Keep the purpose of the essay in mind.
- Within your discipline, choose something that interests you.
- Analyze the topic deeply before you start writing your essay.
- Ensure your theme is perfect. Not too narrow or too broad.
- Make sure that enough information is available on the topic
- Ensure that the theme is understandable.
- Avoid choosing a complex topic
- Make sure that different angles can be used to describe the topic.
Analytical Essay Topics Ideas
An analytical essay can be written for any field or subject. If you are looking for analytical essay topic ideas, the list provided below will be extremely helpful.
Analytical Essay Topics For High School
- Why do people have fears and phobias?
- How to get rid of drug addiction?
- Is love a chemical reaction?
- Why do people have pet peeves?
- How are deep water inhabitants different from other inhabitants?
- Why are insects attracted to light?
- Why are all animals scared of people?
- Why is respecting nature important?
- Why do emotional support animals make older people happy?
- Why is pessimism worse than optimism?
- Why is organ donation important?
- How graffiti is a form of art?
- Why quitting smoking is challenging?
- Why is sugar harmful to the body?
- Why do we sneeze?
Analytical Essay Topics For College
- Why are aliens still not found?
- Why is the Armageddon concept so abstract?
- Why is ecology getting worse?
- How can animal testing be avoided?
- How are microbes harmful to human beings?
- Why are people allergic to particular things?
- How undue restrictions make teenagers rebellious?
- Why people appear to be bi-sexual?
- What makes a person an extrovert?
- What problems do the alcoholics phase?
- Why are firstborn children better in studies than their other younger siblings?
- Religion or thoughts - What causes conflicts?
- Why is the depression rate increasing in the United States?
- Analyze the historical context of abstract art?
- Why are young people becoming obese?
Social Analytical Essay Topics
- Why do sportsmen use drugs?
- Why is street art so popular?
- What are the notions of multicultural societies?
- How body shape influences one’s personality?
- Why are gender roles changing?
- How single parenting affects a child’s psychology?
- What are some differences in communication between a man and a woman?
- How career and family life can be balanced?
- What therapeutic effects does music have?
- How can inequality be avoided?
- Advantages of playing video games for children under 13?
- Why is mercy killing legal in some societies?
- Why should illegal immigrants not be given equal rights in the country?
- How societal pressure can result in alarming mental situations?
- How bold movie topics influence society?
Educational Analytical Essay Topics
- Critically analyze the character of Romeo in the play?
- What are the advantages of school uniforms?
- How can bullying be avoided in schools?
- Why is it important to give sex education in schools?
- Are school authorities performing their duties loyally?
- How can education standards be increased?
- Why is it important for a college education to be free?
- How higher education ensures better career opportunities?
- Why is practical-learning more important?
- Cons of homeschooling?
- How teaching methods affect learning?
- Why should books be replaced by e-books?
- Advantages and disadvantages of homework
- Can education bring social change?
- How are education and wealth connected?
Analytical Essay Topics On Health
- What are the cons of being a vegetarian
- What are the causes of obesity
- How eating disorders affect mental health?
- What are the effects of insomnia?
- Are sleeping pills helpful?
- Can traditional medicine treat insomnia?
- How bipolar disorder can be treated?
- How cognitive therapy influences mental disorders?
- How do antidepressants deal with depression?
- What are the disadvantages of free treatment?
- Why should healthcare be free?
- What are the moral issues of Euthanasia?
- What are the different types of eating disorders?
- How is cloning helpful in saving lives?
- What are the symptoms of a heart attack?
Funny Analytical Essay Topics
- Why do all horror movies have the same plot?
- Are animal videos on social media really funny?
- Do violent video games make you aggressive in nature?
- Why do people find spam emails more interesting than other emails?
- Why is smoking pot helpful in drafting good emails?
- Why are jobs for teenagers so terrible?
- Why is it hard for girls to decide what to wear?
- Why do students like to go to detention?
- How drinking helps you give your exam?
- Why are school dropouts richer than other college toppers?
- Why disobeying our parents makes us worse human beings?
- What animals think about us?
- Why are customers always right?
- How to write good essays without practice?
- Why are students who do not pay attention in class smarter?
Best Analytical Essay Topics
- Why is it important to be a patriot?
- Why are TV shows no good for children?
- How do children get influenced by violent content on TV?
- What are the different forms of addiction?
- Why is art education important in colleges?
- What are the most popular forms of art?
- What are the cons of health insurance?
- How social media affects teenagers?
- How does peer pressure work?
- What makes people thieves?
- Why are gangs dangerous for societies?
- Analyze why chess is a sport?
- How to cope with the generation gap?
- Why is unhealthy food tastier?
- What are the advantages of taking a balanced diet?
Critical Analytical Essay Topics
- Examine a popular TV show
- Analyze a movie based on a novel
- Analyze a poem that has a first-person point of view.
- Analyze the literary context of Things Fall Apart
- Critical analysis of Ophelia’s death in Hamlet
- Irony used by Mark Twain in his short stories
- Single parent Vs. dual-parent families
- Analyze how American Culture is getting influenced by Latino
- Critically analyze the change in gender roles
- Talk about choosing models who are outside of a healthy body.
- Consequences of obesity for society
- Is homelessness still a problem?
- Why is it important for Americans to have a single racial identity
- Analyze the use of ethnic music by an artist
- How Virginia Woolf’s life influenced what she wrote?
A critical essay is a form of essay that requires detailed analysis and interpretation. Writing a critical analysis essay is different from writing an ordinary analysis essay.
Analytical Essay Outline
Apart from selecting the best topic, maintaining a good analytical essay outline is very essential in writing a high-grade essay. Luckily, the outline follows the basic five paragraph essay outline. According to this traditional outline, the essay should be divided into the following sections:
- An introductory paragraph
- Body paragraph 1
- Body Paragraph 2
- Body paragraph 3
An introductory paragraph of an analytical essay puts forward the topic for readers. This paragraph is started by writing a hook statement to grab the reader’s attention to the essay. In order to describe the topic precisely, background information about the chosen work is presented.
A thesis statement is written at the end of an introductory paragraph. This is the main stance or claim of the writer about the work that is analyzed. A strong thesis statement enables the writer to provide strong reasoning and supporting evidence for the content.
After the introductory paragraph, the body of the essay is written. Here all the information that backs the main argument of the writer is presented. A writer uses quotes and other information from the original work to support his claim.
Every paragraph in the body section has a topic sentence that introduces a point to the audience. Each of the topic sentences is then followed by an argument and supporting evidence.
All of the paragraphs in the analytical essay body are connected using transitional words. Using these transition words will bring a logical and smooth flow to your content.
Gradually lead your arguments towards the conclusion of the essay. Restate the thesis statement to remind the audience that it has been justified and provide a summary of the major evidence.
In order to make your analytical essay perfect, make sure to first go through some analytical essay examples or take assistance from an expert. This is to make you understand the structure and formation of an analysis paper.
Professional assistance can be acquired at MyPerfectWords.com. It is the best essay writing service where experts provide original essays and papers for all subjects and levels. You can get your assignment written from these expert writers by placing an order now.